Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute ceiling we should pay for Hojberg is £20m, he's a player that despite playing in England for a good few years now, I've hardly noticed.

His stats look promising from this season and he does have leadership qualities which we are crying out for in the middle of the park but if the rumours are true that Soton are holding out for £35m then we should walk away. That's a huge price to pay for someone who has only a year left on his contract and made it abundantly clear he won't be signing another one.
Sounds like Siggy all over again. And we know what happened there!

Branthwaite has physical presence.
Absolutely, but he is an eighteen year old kid who will have good days and days where he will make mistakes , cost us points and have some on here who are so positive about him now screaming for him to be sold to the first division …. as they did with DCL and others.

He will continue to train with the seniors, play with the under 23s , get some minutes with the first team when appropriate and prepare for when he will be able to play every week.

Absolutely, but he is an eighteen year old kid who will have good days and days where he will make mistakes , cost us points and have some on here who are so positive about him now screaming for him to be sold to the first division …. as they did with DCL and others.

He will continue to train with the seniors, play with the under 23s , get some minutes with the first team when appropriate and prepare for when he will be able to play every week.

Think he is ahead of Gibson. Gibson probably will be loaned out next season.

Callum Wilson - 9 goals in 36 games

DCL - 15 in 40 games

Compare them over the last 2-3 seasons and Wilson comes out on top.

Its not even up for debate - I once got a first on a uni assignment, doesn't mean im a top student when my overall mark is a 2:1 however.

DCL scored most of his EFC tally in his purple patch - compare it to his overall tally (which ultimately is the marker for judging a CF) and he's bang average.

People claim he can head the ball - so can Andy Carroll.

People claim he puts in a shift and works hard - so does Shane Long.

Ultimately the best strikers are the most clinical and DCL is not.

Not saying Wilson is btw but he is the better all round CF.

Its not even up for debate - I once got a first on a uni assignment, doesn't mean im a top student when my overall mark is a 2:1 however.

DCL scored most of his EFC tally in his purple patch - compare it to his overall tally (which ultimately is the marker for judging a CF) and he's bang average.

Dom’s scored 23 in 4 seasons when he wasn’t meant to be anywhere near the first team when he first signed. That isn’t bad going

Wilson on the other hand, for a main striker, has only hit double figures twice in 6 seasons at Bournemouth, his first to help them get into the PL and last season

Even by your standards, that's a strange analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back