Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need 2 CM before anything else, we’re so weak, slow with no style or flair.
The centre spine of team needs to be stronger and a new more experienced striker would help take the pressure off Richy and Dom, and maybe the competition might spur them on.
Not asking much, but need to be proven at a high level also, especially as Brands must have a long list with doing nothing all summer. The other weak positions can be filled with the current squad or youngsters.
Need to buy quality this window

I haven't a problem with DCL as a squad player - he'll likely get you 7-8 goals a season and chip in/stretch the opposition from the bench.

The problem I have is with him being given the starting 11 spot at the same time we appoint a world class manager, plan to move to a top class stadia and have ambitions long term of Champions League football.

He just isnt good enough unless your ambition is to see us scrap with Burnley and Saints for 10th spot every season.

...our World Class Manager doesn’t have to pick him, our World Class Manager could get Brands to acquire a replacement. I get the impression our World Class Manager rates him.

We should always seek better than we have, but I‘m not sure Ancelotti is desperate to replace DCL.

I would love for us to get Soumare in. Only 21, good skill, very strong, can pass well and combative and wins the ball well - he puts in high intensity performances. He's a cut above Holjberg for sure. We need players that have more than one asset.

He’s not a France international though, and he’s getting sold this summer.
There's a reason why he can't get in Chelsea's team. He's not that good - his concentration is poor and his athleticism isn't the same before his injury. Yes he was decent here but if we're serious about challenging, we need to buy better quality.

...our World Class Manager doesn’t have to pick him, our World Class Manager could get Brands to acquire a replacement. I get the impression our World Class Manager rates him.

We should always seek better than we have, but I‘m not sure Ancelotti is desperate to replace DCL.

Our world class manager picks Pickford, Siggurdsson & Davies mate.

Sometimes even the best get things wrong.

Would be wary of gambling big on him. Had one good season and then moved on for big money, that's happened a hell of a lot. Wouldn't be against a loan though.

See reports of him being close to joining Napoli, however, probably as Milik's replacement.
Also can't see how he'd be motivated to move from Real Madrid to us.

No doubt Marcel will be using his extensive contacts as he attempts to reel in another Barcelona reserve!

Barcelona's rejects are a pretty decent pool, tbf. Gomes was quite good pre-injury, and you can't fault Brands for a freak accident like that. Digne is Digne, and Deulofeu was great business at the price. You have to be careful not to pay over the odds for a player like Mina, but hopefully Brands has learned that CB is a numbers game from that (and the evidence would suggest that he has).

I see a lot of people mention Sarr? has he actually done anything apart from score v them lot? I think they signed him for a lot of money about £40m wasn't it?
Cant see this happening unless we throw ridiculous money at it for a very unproven player

This is getting uncomfortable to read now.

Your digging yourself in deep here.

So you believe EVERY decision the best managers make is correct?

How did Guardiola's decision not to sign a CB this season work out?

All im seeing is people ignoring facts and statistics and making a case for a striker who misses alot more than he scores which will only effect our hopes of success down the line.

We owe DCL or any player nothing - they are well paid and if they aint doing the job to the level required to obtain certain targets/ambitions then they aint guaranteed a place - thats football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back