Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying Allan and loaning Lozano with a buy option in 12 months, maybe. Would be an ideal situation for us though

Okay if true the price is a little high, but we spent more on Sigurdsson and if he can help transform our midfield for next 3 to 4 years he will be worth every penny.
Sick and tired of watching average midfielders walk through our midfield when they feel like.
Buy a younger dynamic midfielder next to him as well and see if Napoli will throw in Lozano, whole were at it. Let's challenge instead of whine and I'll be happier.

Considering how financially beggared we are, I think a constrained, focussed window is best for the club.

I'd focus on bringing in a central midfielder and a right sided attacker as a priority (at a minimum).

Rather than spend money at centre half, Branthwaite can take up the fourth slot, considering we don't have Europe.

We need to consider cover for Pickford but let's assume Virginia is up to it.

Also, bringing back Kenny or selling him to finance another player covers right back.

Slimmed down squad of 23:

Pickford, Virginia - 2

Coleman, Kenny (or sale) - 2
Digne, Baines (or youth player, plus Delph cover) - 2
Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite - 4

Iwobi, Bernard - 2
"New signing", Gbamin, Gomes, Delph, Davies - 5
"New signing", Walcott - 2

Sigurdsson - 1

Richarlison, DCL, Kean - 3

If Brands can work some magic and we can actually sell Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Tosun, plus Dowell, Pennington and Tarashaj, that could cover the two signings we definitely need.

If there are further finances available, I'd probably look at a right back.
Gordon?

Allan is one of those players that’s worth paying decent money for because he’s really what we need. Despite his age, even 2 years playing at his best would be huge for us.

Considering how many young players we have, we can definitely afford a couple of older buys.

Top class before that one injury he went and had surgery on which seemed to anger barca.
It was him not getting surgery which angered Barca - he chose not to so he could play at the World Cup, he's got a world cup winners medal but now he looks a shade of the player he once was, even tho he's only 26

I forgot about Gordon as well.

I don't see why you think we will end up in 11/12th again, considering the reason we are where we are is because of the 14 points from 15 games, under Silva.

It will be a stronger squad than this season and Carlo will have a pre-season with them.

Currently we have 30 points from 19 under Carlo and I am confident it will end up being 33 points from 20 after playing Bournemouth at Goodison.

I think with a couple of quality additions in the areas of weakness, we can replicate that across a whole season and maybe even up the points per game slightly.

That would leave us on about 65 points (replicating the best of the Moyes era). That is the target for me next season.

I may well regret this but I feel Carlo will break the 65 point mark and possibly even 70 next season. My source of optimism are the away results. We’ve picked up 4 wins in half a season that included most of the top 6 away. Winning away at the top 6 is difficult even for the rest of the top 6 but it’s the non top 6 games we’ve been terrible at recently maybe winning 3 or 4 in a whole season of 13 games. Carlo has won 4 out of the 6 he’s managed. It’s a far higher ratio than Koeman Silva Martinez (post first season) or Moyes were ever capable of. He’s also unbeaten at home and has tightened the defence up. This is all with a team that has injuries and are not his players. If he’s averaging 60 points a season under these circumstances what could he do with: better players, a pre season behind him, a fully fit squad.

Allan is one of those players that’s worth paying decent money for because he’s really what we need. Despite his age, even 2 years playing at his best would be huge for us.

Considering how many young players we have, we can definitely afford a couple of older buys.
Could be the 2020 version of Chelsea signing makelele?
Adding a quality player in the middle to settle the midfield and see us through a big transition period?

That's the way i see it, I've never seen him, but he seems the exact type and calibre we're crying out for. We have a few good youngsters atm, but they can progress in time learning by playing at a higher level. We need players right now to get us to that higher level as soon as possible.

I may well regret this but I feel Carlo will break the 65 point mark and possibly even 70 next season. My source of optimism are the away results. We’ve picked up 4 wins in half a season that included most of the top 6 away. Winning away at the top 6 is difficult even for the rest of the top 6 but it’s the non top 6 games we’ve been terrible at recently maybe winning 3 or 4 in a whole season of 13 games. Carlo has won 4 out of the 6 he’s managed. It’s a far higher ratio than Koeman Silva Martinez (post first season) or Moyes were ever capable of. He’s also unbeaten at home and has tightened the defence up. This is all with a team that has injuries and are not his players. If he’s averaging 60 points a season under these circumstances what could he do with: better players, a pre season behind him, a fully fit squad.

It's a big call, but we are 30 in 19 with this squad under Carlo (or 35 in 22 post Silva). Every chance after Bournemouth we have every 38 from 23 post Silva, or 33 from 20 under Carlo.

If we can make some improvements we stand every chance of doing the above, and likely being in the hunt for the top 4. There will still be some poor displays, as we are not going to be consistent overnight, but there are some small signs of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back