Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a big call, but we are 30 in 19 with this squad under Carlo (or 35 in 22 post Silva). Every chance after Bournemouth we have every 38 from 23 post Silva, or 33 from 20 under Carlo.

If we can make some improvements we stand every chance of doing the above, and likely being in the hunt for the top 4. There will still be some poor displays, as we are not going to be consistent overnight, but there are some small signs of improvement.

I’ve felt with every manager post Moyes (perhaps with the odd exception of Allardyce) that we either didn’t get the best individually out of players or as a collective sum of parts, or that we didn’t have good enough players as a whole. What is refreshing to see under Ancelotti is that most players have started to perform how I’d expect them to. Digne once again looks like the left back we bought, all the centrebacks look competent, Coleman looks like what he is (a right back we need to replace) the midfield look like what they are, some injured, some just not good enough, and our forwards are playing at the level we’d expect. There’s been some bad performances yes but there’s also been levels of consistency that I feel we haven’t had for a long long time. Wolves was possibly the only aberration, but the other losses we’ve been able to see where the midfield has struggled but the defence and forwards have still played ok in some of those games. That feels like a base to build from we haven’t had in a while and gives me hope that if we sort the midfield out there’s no reason why the defence and forward line will suddenly drop their level. This feels like a base to gradually improve from whereas to be honest under Silva and Koeman no one knew what Everton would turn out any week.

I’ve felt with every manager post Moyes (perhaps with the odd exception of Allardyce) that we either didn’t get the best individually out of players or as a collective sum of parts, or that we didn’t have good enough players as a whole. What is refreshing to see under Ancelotti is that most players have started to perform how I’d expect them to. Digne once again looks like the left back we bought, all the centrebacks look competent, Coleman looks like what he is (a right back we need to replace) the midfield look like what they are, some injured, some just not good enough, and our forwards are playing at the level we’d expect. There’s been some bad performances yes but there’s also been levels of consistency that I feel we haven’t had for a long long time. Wolves was possibly the only aberration, but the other losses we’ve been able to see where the midfield has struggled but the defence and forwards have still played ok in some of those games. That feels like a base to build from we haven’t had in a while and gives me hope that if we sort the midfield out there’s no reason why the defence and forward line will suddenly drop their level. This feels like a base to gradually improve from whereas to be honest under Silva and Koeman no one knew what Everton would turn out any week.

Yes I agree with all of that. Ithink Digne has been brilliant post lockdown too.

The performance level hasn't increed massively, but we are far more clinical now than we were before. We hold onto leads better. The problem is, we are simply not a good enough team to regularly come from behind to win.

I would force Kean and Gordon to live together this summer and have him follow Gordon's fitness routine. Get that boy in better shape and see what he does. I guess Davies and Iwobi can go along too...

Good point. Davis could do with doubling his muscle mass. Iwobi , no idea what to do with him.

I love Bernard but I would look at moving him on this window. The physicality and pace of this league seems to swamp him all too often.
I dont think he has a problem with pace. He should be a number 10 or at least come inside alot more from out wide. Defo problem with his physical strength. Spanish league would suit him better.

No Gordon?
I wouid sell Bernard for a start or iwobi.
and the centre back situation, Keane has been great to be fair, but he can als
Just forgot about him mate. Him and Bernard can cover the left on paper (even if Richarlison is actually our best player there in practice).

We should consider Iwobi a number 10 along with Glyfi.
not for me sorry
Siggurdsson & Bernard should be first out the door
Iwobi I doubt we would get anywhere near our money back this summer. So he will probably stay for now

Stay away...this guy's career is over...his knees are done. He cannot play 90 minutes without needing an injection. Sad really...but for him he would probably better retire so that at least he can have a near normal life.
Yeah doesnt look great.....
1595680301008.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back