Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, would make sense to throw away our most expensive centre back ever who used to play for barca... Based on a 17 year old playing 150 minutes.

My opinion is if the club is to get upto scratch financially we can not have players like Bernard, Walcott, Mina sat on the bench most weeks being paid big wages - FFP speaking its simply not good business unless you have the revenue of a Man Utd or Liverpool.

Assuming say a Gabriel comes in and is fit - you have 3 CB's to choose from with a promising young CB in Braithwaite and also young Gibson in reserve if needed to cover any potential periods of injury to that position.

Simply put I see no value in Bernard and Mina collecting 100k+ a week to play maybe 8-10 games a season and a few sub appearances to see a game out.

You could probably get about £30-35 million for the pair that would go some way to helping us invest in areas desperate for reinforcement whilst keeping the CB position relatively well stocked.

John Collins
Ibrahima Bakayoko
Boris Mathis
Lacina Traore
Mageye Gueye
Alex Nyarko
Guilliame Plessis

I can see why we don't bother....

(Obviously I loved Yobo and Dacourt but adding them would ruin the point I am not seriously making and we can't be having that.)
A bad signing from a country shouldn't mean never shop there again but excluding Mathis who was a u23 player that never worked out our last roll of the dice was Gueye almost a decade ago. A lot of good players have come from that league since.

We should sell Keane if anyone he will go back to his old self and bottle it when crowds are back.

I would sell either one - I just think Carlo likes Keane more than Yerry. If I had to break our CB's down I would say they are strong in the following areas:

Sat back:

Keane

Open:

Holgate

Both:

Mina?
Braithwaite?

I think in games were we have to sit deep Keane is a decent asset whereas Mina for me whilst a bit more mobile/flexible doesnt exactly excel in either system in that he can still get caught out of position quite a bit.

Add in his injury record compared to the others and I would personally go with Mina although if the manager had reservations about Keane long term I think we could certainly fetch £20 million minimum for him.

A bad signing from a country shouldn't mean never shop there again but excluding Mathis who was a u23 player that never worked out our last roll of the dice was Gueye almost a decade ago. A lot of good players have come from that league since.

I know...I said in the post I wasn't being totally serious.

I don't care where a player comes from though, could players can turn up anywhere.

I know...I said in the post I wasn't being totally serious.

I don't care where a player comes from though, could players can turn up anywhere.
Sorry missed that.

Yes they certainly can come from all over but there are places that tend to be better than others and France being close to the top of that list makes it a place to always be looking yet we haven't been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back