Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti said he wants energy in the center of the park and Sangare is not that. He is lethargic like Schniederlin but with the pace of Davies and the touch of Delph.

He’s on firmly dead last Toulouse who are on a 17 game winless streak that they have gained only 1 point from. The only game they’ve won this season not against a bottom 3 or Ligue 2 club was Lille.

According to WhoScored he also isn’t even the best player at Toulouse with 3 others ahead of him.

I’d be shocked if Brands or Carlo goes anywhere near him

FIFA loan restrictions are what will potentially hurt us the most. Looking forward to seeing how teams like Chelsea that have 15+ players out on loan any given season will cope having to pay all their wages.

Ancelotti said he wants energy in the center of the park and Sangare is not that. He is lethargic like Schniederlin but with the pace of Davies and the touch of Delph.

He’s on firmly dead last Toulouse who are on a 17 game winless streak that they have gained only 1 point from. The only game they’ve won this season not against a bottom 3 or Ligue 2 club was Lille.

According to WhoScored he also isn’t even the best player at Toulouse with 3 others ahead of him.

I’d be shocked if Brands or Carlo goes anywhere near him
It's setting up a move for Allan in the summer imo, he would bring that energy and work rate and he can pass, tackle and get forward. He also seems to have fallen out of the team at Napoli and is being linked with us on a daily basis in the Italian press (not the most trustworthy at times tbf)

It's setting up a move for Allan in the summer imo, he would bring that energy and work rate and he can pass, tackle and get forward. He also seems to have fallen out of the team at Napoli and is being linked with us on a daily basis in the Italian press (not the most trustworthy at times tbf)

Linked with alot of Brazilians - Everton Soares, Allan, Gabriel

Would take all 3.

I do think whoever we sign for the RW slot needs to be a ready to go player rather than a one for the future type.
I’m Not sure really, most of the links have been youngish players. Probably Lozano being the oldest at 24.
Buying 4 starters at RB.CB,CM and RW. Throw a back up goalie and young left back( depending on Baines)

I can’t see us just signing 6 very young players. While the links to Kouilibally and Allan are probably wide of the mark. I do think one of the signings will be 25 to 29.

Absolutley spot on mate. Great appraisal of the situation. Barkley's problems as you outline them are certainly there, but the plusses do outweigh the minuses. And the scenario which saw him leave was exactly the way you describe it. It shouldn't have happened, but it did.

He's very talented, but instinctive. I think we can afford to have that in this team. It needs a spark from midfield; a player that can play in a central position and push on to the edge of the opposition box. Our attacks come way too regularly from the flanks right now and we are a predictable attacking outfit. RB would offer us a real option.

I don't hate Barkley playing wise like some but its not like he is the only option out there. We could sign someone who gives what Barkley can do and not have his flaws. That's the player we need to look for. We always look backwards for some reason.

If it is a case of we can have Barkley and nobody else on earth then of course we should take him, thankfully that's not the case though.

Linked with alot of Brazilians - Everton Soares, Allan, Gabriel

Would take all 3.
Nothing will happen with Everton Soares i don't think as he seems to be owned by about 5 different people who are all arguing about ownership of the player. It is the main reason he is still over in Brazil at 23, most clubs seem to have backed off when trying to do a deal. I don't know how well he would actually do over here, he's all a few too many step overs and Bolasie esq for me. Id also rather go for Marash Kumbulla at CB he is only 20 so would more than likely be prepared to be eased in, he is also more of a PL type CB and seems pretty fearless, the only thing is he is getting linked with some of the big boys so i doubt we would get a chance tbh.

Allan is too old for a Brands signing. Allan will have no sell on value and could pull a Vidal. He’d be max a 3 year fix with a loss of probably £40-50m and £100k/week. If we are raiding Napoli we should be looking at Zielinski for near the same price and 6-7 years left at the prime of his career.

I don't hate Barkley playing wise like some but its not like he is the only option out there. We could sign someone who gives what Barkley can do and not have his flaws. That's the player we need to look for. We always look backwards for some reason.

If it is a case of we can have Barkley and nobody else on earth then of course we should take him, thankfully that's not the case though.
Yeah, fair comment. But who that is I'm not sure. If they are flawless they'll be costly and swayed to a CL club.

Allan is too old for a Brands signing. Allan will have no sell on value and could pull a Vidal. He’d be max a 3 year fix with a loss of probably £40-50m and £100k/week. If we are raiding Napoli we should be looking at Zielinski for near the same price and 6-7 years left at the prime of his career.
If Carlo see's him as part of the plan then we will sign him. Not going to complain if signed Zielinski though. A good team is a blend of experience and youth, Brands wasted money on Delph, and Allan would easily be our best midfielder even at 29.
Im just going to wait and see tbh, none of us really know who Carlo rates and who he does'nt and what we will have to spend in the summer.

Yeah, fair comment. But who that is I'm not sure. If they are flawless they'll be costly and swayed to a CL club.

Well that's where your scouting comes in (touchy subject for you I know...). There will be James Maddison type players out there who are slightly under the radar.

No doubt Ancelotti will have a few ideas himself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back