Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan Ake always seems to get plaudits, but Bournemouth have shipped goals for fun during his whole time at the club.

I’d imagine there would be meltdowns galore on here if we’d just dropped £40mil on him.

what surprised me with Manchester City signing him, is that is another Pep Guardiola defender who is weak in the air, seems to be a blind spot with him.

Breaking news on O/S now.

89FD9088-2809-416F-8104-EF6873413D2F.webp

You wrote he was overhyped after 1 good season and a WC?

He had been hyped in Pachuca + first season at PSV and then the 2nd you mention...1 in 2 from wide left/right.

At Napoli he was integrated as a sub and centre forward. Its not his position...hes no Richarlison, hes an actual wide player.

Pulisic has a 1 in 3 record for Chelsea...yes hes younger but hugely overhyped and wasnt first choice for Dortmund when Chelsea signed him.

I think its peculiar that you assassinate a wide player as overhyped when he played a handful of games wide and the rest out of position in a new country...but then compare with a hugely overhyped player who, so far in his career has done very little.
So much here Zat that’s wrong.
1. Part of my statement about Pulisic vs Lozano is simply down to the rivalry we have with Mexico
2. Mexican fans constantly banged on about how Lozano was better and Pulisic couldn’t make it at Chelsea. Then he got benched at Napoli and Pulisic is one of the first names on the team sheet for Chelsea these days
3. If you really think breaking into the Dortmund side at 17, getting a 60mil move at 20, becoming a first team regular at a champions league prem side at 21, and scoring better than 1 in 3 in the prem in his first season in the league as a winger is doing very little, then you’re further gone than I thought.

Oh, and Lozano is a full 4 years older and hasn’t done didly outside Holland where defenders are essentially u15 level players.

20 year old, Scottish player. Think he came up through Rangers Academy. About 30 starts a season over the past two years for Aberdeen. From memory, about 5 goals and 15 assists over that time. Good stamina, size and strength. I like his mobility and willingness to put in a challenge. Positive range of passing. Shields the ball well in possession. No where near the finished article but I like his upside.
Thanks for that, StateSideToffee, I’ll look out for him when the Scottish season starts.

I'd be demanding Brands hands his resignation in tomorrow if we plopped 40m on Nathan Ake.
Did you demand it when he waltzed into arsenals conference room and slapped his briefcase on the table with 30 big ones in it for iwobi

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back