Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the natural lifecycle of midtable teams. Sign a good player cheaply, sell high, reinvest and hope to improve.
I don't doubt it, but my contention is that we have so few quality players (I don't know how this is the case with the level of investment) that our squad is more on a par with teams fighting relegation in terms of quality and depth - probably just slightly better.

With that in mind, I don't think it is appropriate to sell any crown jewels this summer. If we can arrest the slump, invest well and improve this summer then we have a better platform to sell some of our better players and invest again. Or, if we do incredibly well next year, we might not have to.

Remember that there is likely to be settling in issues with new players, no matter how talented. All being well we should come out of this window with a completely new midfield and possibly a new CB. Would we really want to lose one of our most settled, consistent performers at LB too in this situation?

We must keep one of our best player in Digne.

We got loads of deadwoods to sell to generate funds.
While we do want to be selling our deadwood, we've got the significant problems that probably won't want them unless we sell at a reduced value.

It's easy to say we should get rid of the likes of Gylfi, Iwobi et al. but who'd buy them for a fair price and importantly pay their wages meaning they'd leave?

Out of the three, I'd sell Digne if we could get a good price and a few of the rubbish and we could use it to invest - see Coutinho as an example for the RS.

Ideally, we'd keep all three and spend money but that's unlikely.

Nkounkou was bought as a first team player in about 2-3 years if he progresses. To sell Digne and bring in Reguilon will bring us extra cash, plus Reguilon would be expected to increase in value to sell at his peak, with Nkounkou ready to step in. This looks very much like a long term plan for sustainability, so I'm probably wrong.

Digne isn't being sold lol

Sky explicitly said if we sign the Spanish lad its to replace Baines.

Stop giving the RS media clickbait rubbish to run with turning our players heads.

You believe were buying the best left back in spain last season for £18mil and one of him/digne would be on thr bench?

Or think the rumour is nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back