Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never seen this Reguilon play. But if he is as good as they say and we can get him for around £20 million and get upwards of £40-50 million for Digne we can spend the rest on a decent midfielder. Chillwell is a reported target for upwards of £60 million so digne should be about the same. Digne hasnt had a great overall season but played well in lockdown. The strengthening of the midfield is the priority in this transfer window.

Well let's just end the discussion, Get on the phone to your ITK m8 and put the discussion to bed ;)

I've said for a while im convinced we'll spend big this year in the knowledge that Richarlison will be off next summer and any overspend this summer FFP speaking will be written off following Richys mega move away.

FFP speaking when you have Richarlison likely off for circa £90 million+ in the coming 1-2 years you dont need to sell Digne at this stage financially it makes no sense to do so.

My biggest problem with the club over the years is if we sell a player we should havw their replacement in the season before - we didnt do that with Lukaku and we didnt do that with Gana.

Now maybe Digne could go next season or the year after which may tie into this guy - but it makes zero sense when Baines leaving would leave us with just the 1x LB who's new to the league/country.

Looking at it logically Digne leaving is very unlikely this year regardless of who comes in at LB imo.

Rumour is nonsense imo but just because he done well last season doesn't mean he's going to be starting every week otherwise Real Madrid would just keep him.

Wolves are trying to sign a £27 million CF to sit on the bench and cover big Raul - teams need squad depth.

I've maintained all summer we are not skint and I wouldn't be shocked if we went for it this summer.

If anyone is going to be sold over the next 2 seasons its Richarlison not Digne - and that will be out of our hands.

Replacement for Jiminez isn't it?

It wouldn’t make any sense from the player’s point of view at all.
I suppose not. But if we’re not selling Digne then we do need temporary cover for a season until the young french lad is ready.
If we are selling Digne, then he is the replacement.

Rumour is nonsense imo but just because he done well last season doesn't mean he's going to be starting every week otherwise Real Madrid would just keep him.

Wolves are trying to sign a £27 million CF to sit on the bench and cover big Raul - teams need squad depth.

I've maintained all summer we are not skint and I wouldn't be shocked if we went for it this summer.

If anyone is going to be sold over the next 2 seasons its Richarlison not Digne - and that will be out of our hands.

Well they’re not.

I've said for a while im convinced we'll spend big this year in the knowledge that Richarlison will be off next summer and any overspend this summer FFP speaking will be written off following Richys mega move away.

FFP speaking when you have Richarlison likely off for circa £90 million+ in the coming 1-2 years you dont need to sell Digne at this stage financially it makes no sense to do so.

My biggest problem with the club over the years is if we sell a player we should havw their replacement in the season before - we didnt do that with Lukaku and we didnt do that with Gana.

Now maybe Digne could go next season or the year after which may tie into this guy - but it makes zero sense when Baines leaving would leave us with just the 1x LB who's new to the league/country.

Looking at it logically Digne leaving is very unlikely this year regardless of who comes in at LB imo.
You could be right, the Reguilon rumour may just be his agent trying to up the price with Valencia. I had never heard of him before last night. However, Brands was brought in because he made such a profit on player trading. Wekeep saying we want players on the up, not big team failures. I just feel with the signing of Nkounkou, signing another left back to improve over the next couple of years and then sell at a profit, with the new man ready, makes sense if Digne is sold at a profit. I like Digne, he does offer a lot, but he is at peak price now.

We won’t be signing Stones because he is worse than the defenders that we already have.
Maybe, but in a deep midfield role he would be at least as good as what we have in there currently. I could see him in the Joe Parkinson ‘shield in front of the back four’ role. And we’ve already had glimpses of Holgate in a midfield role and he did ok.

You could be right, the Reguilon rumour may just be his agent trying to up the price with Valencia. I had never heard of him before last night. However, Brands was brought in because he made such a profit on player trading. Wekeep saying we want players on the up, not big team failures. I just feel with the signing of Nkounkou, signing another left back to improve over the next couple of years and then sell at a profit, with the new man ready, makes sense if Digne is sold at a profit. I like Digne, he does offer a lot, but he is at peak price now.

There just is no logic selling Digne this year unless he replacement is premier league proven.

When we signed Digne we had Baines in reserve incase Digne didnt adjust right away.

If we sold Digne and brought in this lad who's covering him if he doesnt adjust to English football right away?

Makes zero sense - even with Sidibe we had Coleman in reserve.

If the rumour is true (which I doubt) I imagine the Baines suprise exit has pushed the club to bring in this lad. Maybe we wanted him in 1-2 years when Digne potentially does go - but the prospect of someone else signing him following his successful loan move has pushed our hand now.

Too many potential variables.

Lets just enjoy signing good players without constantly worrying it means we are selling someone - I did enough of that under Kenwrong's regime.

This would make sense, in as much as the ext 2 years are counted as 1, so technically if it can be sold next summer then then it will count as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back