Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said for a while im convinced we'll spend big this year in the knowledge that Richarlison will be off next summer and any overspend this summer FFP speaking will be written off following Richys mega move away.

FFP speaking when you have Richarlison likely off for circa £90 million+ in the coming 1-2 years you dont need to sell Digne at this stage financially it makes no sense to do so.

My biggest problem with the club over the years is if we sell a player we should havw their replacement in the season before - we didnt do that with Lukaku and we didnt do that with Gana.

Now maybe Digne could go next season or the year after which may tie into this guy - but it makes zero sense when Baines leaving would leave us with just the 1x LB who's new to the league/country.

Looking at it logically Digne leaving is very unlikely this year regardless of who comes in at LB imo.

It would make sense also as Digne will be 28 next season, and looking for a new contract. If the club is still stagnating around 10th, it wouldn't make sense to offer him a large contract extension, as good a player as he is. So getting another quality defender in who is young makes some sense. Especially if the team set up could alter, as in moving to a back 3 with 2 flying wingbacks.

I've said for a while im convinced we'll spend big this year in the knowledge that Richarlison will be off next summer and any overspend this summer FFP speaking will be written off following Richys mega move away.

FFP speaking when you have Richarlison likely off for circa £90 million+ in the coming 1-2 years you dont need to sell Digne at this stage financially it makes no sense to do so.

My biggest problem with the club over the years is if we sell a player we should havw their replacement in the season before - we didnt do that with Lukaku and we didnt do that with Gana.

Now maybe Digne could go next season or the year after which may tie into this guy - but it makes zero sense when Baines leaving would leave us with just the 1x LB who's new to the league/country.

Looking at it logically Digne leaving is very unlikely this year regardless of who comes in at LB imo.

my take is we will spend big not due to futures sales, to show the likes of richy, and digne what we’re aiming for. And Carlo of course he’s not
Come for loans or a few quid spend. We will be the biggest spenders of the summer watch.

Players back in full time training within three weeks and we need almost a compete squad revamp. I guess Brands is waiting until deadline day to splash 40m on somebody like Xhaka, hated by his own fans and not even in his current manager's plans.

my take is we will spend big not due to futures sales, to show the likes of richy, and digne what we’re aiming for. And Carlo of course he’s not
Come for loans or a few quid spend. We will be the biggest spenders of the summer watch.
I like your posts mate - generally upbeat and positive.
I tend to think that you are correct here , in that we will spend big , along with Chelsea and City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back