Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina should be kept - decent player, good character, young and a threat in opposition box.

gabriel should be in addition and to create competition for places - raise performance.

look what happened this season. Injuries and were playing kids.

Agreed on mina. Theres seems to be a sizable chunk of Evertonians that don't rate mina. One of the common accusations is he's injury prone. He has struggled since lockdown, however, across the season he's made 29 appearances.

I'd certainly have as our 5th best performer this season after digne, richy, mason, and DCL. He has the odd error in him. But he's generally pretty consistent.

If your making room in the squad. Keane is the one to go for me to make room for Gabriel.

Keane is not terrible on the ball at all, it's actually one of his strengths! He very rarely gives the ball away and never gets caught dallying around etc. He is a decent enough "footballer".

His biggest issue is his defensive awareness for me. Can get caught flat footed too often when defending.
And he’s still got the worst pass % out of our cbs, tbf he’s usually steady when it comes to passing he just has the odd brainfart were he decides to belt a simple pass and it goes out for a throw in or he shanks it with his clubfoot

And he’s still got the worst pass % out of our cbs, tbf he’s usually steady when it comes to passing he just has the odd brainfart were he decides to belt a simple pass and it goes out for a throw in or he shanks it with his clubfoot

Problem with pass % is you need to look at the type of pass as well. I could have 100% just by only passing to my CB partner all game long.

Haha calm down you [Poor language removed]. If you don’t agree, you know what to do

Well I thought the whole point of a fourm was to discuss opinions. You know the whole cut and thrust of a intellectual debate.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone but being entitled to a opinion doesn't mean that you don't have to explain it. Especially when you put that opinion on a fourm on the internet designed for making and discussing opinions.

My apologies if my little quip offended you, it was honestly ment in jest but my point still stands. That I completely disagree with your opinion on mina not being very good.

We should sign Stones and play 3 at the back like Chelsea and Arsenal did yesterday . I think that formation would suit our best three players .. (Richarlison,Digne and Holgate)

Leave the tactics to Ancelotti. He knows what's what. Deapite being silly season and everyone hasving intimate knowledge of players from all leagues this isn't acrislly FM or FIFA. Three at the back is fine if you've got a decent pair of wing backs, solid midfield and world class strikers.

Mertens on a free for a year ? Getting on a bit now like and not the model the DofF likes but as a wildcard signing couldn't hurt surely?

Keane is not terrible on the ball at all, it's actually one of his strengths! He very rarely gives the ball away and never gets caught dallying around etc.
eh!? Are we on about the same player. He's one of the worst at playing out from the back because any time he's under pressure he'll either boot it or play a pass that isn't on and gives the ball away.

I don’t think anyone feels Keane and Mina are useless... it’s just whether Gabriel is better. Both Keane and Mina are far from the best around, and although they might be good enough for a mid tier team, Carlo has a certain way he wants to play.

Those last few games where the defense just couldnt play the ball out showed their limitations.
Keane and Mina have strengths, but are limited in terms of pace and together we get caught out behind them. Either can play with Holgate as he covers.. but if we can improve with a good young talent It seems a smart move. Sometimes an excellent player is available and you just go for it even if it doesn’t seem priority.

BUT I wouldn’t make this my make or break transfer this year...we need around 4 positions before we need a new CB...

Would it be criminal to sign Gabriel and keep mina Keane and holgate as we do play the 3 cbs a few times and loan branthwaite out (would do him good getting guaranteed first team football for a season possibly in the championship)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back