Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near. He was a limited fullback who did his job whilst the team capitulated. Pretty much every game he played with any of Schniederlin, Williams, Sandro, Vlasic, Klaassen, Sigurdsson... There were always players putting in performances far worse than him.

I understand he was nowhere near good enough and shouldnt have been near our club but to say he was the worst player evey game he played that season is utter nonsense. he was nowhere near.

Good grief, the man could not kick a ball. At his very very best he was easily still one of the worst on the pitch. He’d struggle to get a game for plenty of League 2 sides. If you class “doing his job” as not costing us a goal in a game then yeah I suppose he met that standard sometimes. It’s embarrassing that our fans used to treat him as if he was a 17 year old kid who’d just broke into the professional game.

Nowhere near. He was a limited fullback who did his job whilst the team capitulated. Pretty much every game he played with any of Schniederlin, Williams, Sandro, Vlasic, Klaassen, Sigurdsson... There were always players putting in performances far worse than him.

I understand he was nowhere near good enough and shouldnt have been near our club but to say he was the worst player evey game he played that season is utter nonsense. he was nowhere near.
Nah, they're ostensibly good players putting in disappointing performances. Martina was just a rubbish player. I think you're looking at in terms of expectations, Martina was given a lot of slack because nobody expected anything of him whereas Sigurdsson etc had a lot of expectation. Most of them put in relatively poor performances but they looked like top level players playing poorly, he looked like a player playing one or two levels above his actual ability.

Its the same principle as when we give young lads MOTM for being pretty competent in their first dozen games and then insist that they've gone rapidly backwards when they carry on playing in exactly the same way after that.

SIGN SOMEONE EVERTON.

Good grief, the man could not kick a ball. At his very very best he was easily still one of the worst on the pitch. He’d struggle to get a game for plenty of League 2 sides. If you class “doing his job” as not costing us a goal in a game then yeah I suppose he met that standard sometimes. It’s embarrassing that our fans used to treat him as if he was a 17 year old kid who’d just broke into the professional game.

What do you want them to do? Stab him on the pitch?

Actually don't answer that...

I don't place too much stock in it but he was ranked by whoscored as evertons best defender that season. Ahead of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Williams. All of them utter garbage that year and far worse than Martina over the season on any metric.

People are forgetting how horrendous we were, and how much worse than Martina some of his more high profile team mates were.

Nah, they're ostensibly good players putting in disappointing performances. Martina was just a rubbish player. I think you're looking at in terms of expectations, Martina was given a lot of slack because nobody expected anything of him whereas Sigurdsson etc had a lot of expectation. Most of them put in relatively poor performances but they looked like top level players playing poorly, he looked like a player playing one or two levels above his actual ability.

Its the same principle as when we give young lads MOTM for being pretty competent in their first dozen games and then insist that they've gone rapidly backwards when they carry on playing in exactly the same way after that.

SIGN SOMEONE EVERTON.
No... They were actually putting in worse performances than him. All of them. All of the defenders were bigger liabilities than him.

Good meme but one is a 23 year old who has played over 100 games in the Premier League and scored in a European final and the other is a 31 year old who couldn’t complete loan spells in the Championship and Eredivisie.
One is a 23 year old who has played over 100 games in the Premier League and scored in a european final and cannot control or pass a football. He struggles to move to, which is really weird.

The other is also a poor footballer.

Dalot has huge potential so for a low fee like £10m it would be worth doing. I can’t imagine United selling for that though.

Lingard is awful and sums up players we need to avoid. There was a time he looked good for England but he just never kicked on and I’m not sure where he’s most effective anymore.

I had a read of Esk’s article earlier and it was useful to see what the squad looks like from an accounting point of view.

The likes of Bernard who are expensive to keep but pure profit in accounting would seem like the most obvious candidates to sell.

One is a 23 year old who has played over 100 games in the Premier League and scored in a european final and cannot control or pass a football. He struggles to move to, which is really weird.

The other is also a poor footballer.
Iwobi has the same problem Mirallas had. He wants the ball to feet and he wants to run with it every... damn... time. Kev wouldn’t actually make many runs and it condensed the field a bit too much. Maybe it had something to do with Kev’s lack of remaining hamstrings, but that is one of the reasons he struggled here later in his Everton career.

I don't place too much stock in it but he was ranked by whoscored as evertons best defender that season. Ahead of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Williams. All of them utter garbage that year and far worse than Martina over the season on any metric.

People are forgetting how horrendous we were, and how much worse than Martina some of his more high profile team mates were.

Hahahahahahaha WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back