Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we signed Donnarumma + Tonali my head would fall off...

Those 2 with Kean would be the trifecta, 3 of the best u21 players in the world :eek:

Let's be honest. There ain't gonna be a transfer window this summer. I'd be very surprised if season finishes and then starts again this year. But we can only keep hopeful I guess. Both would be great signings.

Let's be honest. There ain't gonna be a transfer window this summer. I'd be very surprised if season finishes and then starts again this year. But we can only keep hopeful I guess. Both would be great signings.

Tonali is linked to the best sides in the world, he wont be rocking up here.

The pandemic that we are all facing is certainly going to change football as it will change most areas of our life... for those lucky enough to live through it.

Football has been shut down for barely two weeks and already clubs must be losing millions of pounds already and in my opinion are likely to continue to do so for many weeks to come. Gate receipts, catering receipts and all the other income streams that clubs have which we are hardly aware of.

There is a risk that some TV money could be withheld if this season OR next season cannot be successfully completed.. although logically TV needs football as much as football needs TV these days so I would expect some compromise to be reached.

The sponsors of football clubs are also going to be hit terribly hard as well and some face the risk of not coming out successfully on the other side or if they do they will be doing so with a considerably weaker balance sheet.

The transfer window this summer I expect will be a casualty as it is likely that the worst of this pandemic is likely to occur over the summer months and possibly into the Autumn.

I wonder if FFP rules will be relaxed in certain respects such as wealthy owners(Man City) being allowed to pump money into their club in breach of the current rules. A single transfer usually ripples down through the different levels of football and is vital for some clubs to survive.

If the worst case scenarios play out or anything close to it then we will be faced with a very different football world going forward.... transfer fees being slashed would be an obvious first consequence.

The pandemic that we are all facing is certainly going to change football as it will change most areas of our life... for those lucky enough to live through it.

Football has been shut down for barely two weeks and already clubs must be losing millions of pounds already and in my opinion are likely to continue to do so for many weeks to come. Gate receipts, catering receipts and all the other income streams that clubs have which we are hardly aware of.

There is a risk that some TV money could be withheld if this season OR next season cannot be successfully completed.. although logically TV needs football as much as football needs TV these days so I would expect some compromise to be reached.

The sponsors of football clubs are also going to be hit terribly hard as well and some face the risk of not coming out successfully on the other side or if they do they will be doing so with a considerably weaker balance sheet.

The transfer window this summer I expect will be a casualty as it is likely that the worst of this pandemic is likely to occur over the summer months and possibly into the Autumn.

I wonder if FFP rules will be relaxed in certain respects such as wealthy owners(Man City) being allowed to pump money into their club in breach of the current rules. A single transfer usually ripples down through the different levels of football and is vital for some clubs to survive.

If the worst case scenarios play out or anything close to it then we will be faced with a very different football world going forward.... transfer fees being slashed would be an obvious first consequence.

!. TV's make most of their showing our PL games abroad.

2. Dose that mean we have to give Tosun away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back