Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all sort of punts though aren't they. Very low fees, bought with a view to playing under 23s first and hopefully progressing, nobody really minds/remembers if they don't work out. I'd agree that we haven't been the best at identifying first team players who are a little bit under the radar. More like Besic, Vlasic etc. I don't just mean we should go all football manager signing wonderkids, I just can't help feeling there's value in the market if you do things right, and we haven't really.
Cant agree mate.

Made money from Vlasic Lookman & Onyekuru..

What did we get for Stones ...50 mil ?
Maybe after another season get same for Holgate.
DCL 1.5 mil ? Worth 30 + mil now.
Branthwaite could be game changer money if he progress's as he hope.

So yes we do well from hidden gems.

Think those 3 can actually offer something though and can start games for us. I'm more concerned about the likes of sandro, Bolasie, tosun etc who are on a similar wage and are so so far from the first team they're not even let near the team to contribute anything.
I agree with the theory of what you're saying, but the scary thing is it's only really personal preference that makes it that way. Bolasie and Tosun are good enough to play for a team finishing 12th in this league. I don't rate either of them, i'm not defending them, but if you're going to finish bottom half they're more than capable of doing you a job. We've basically brought in other players to replace them, but we haven't actually improved at all. Bernard is technically a thousand times better than Bolasie, but he's not much more effective.

Cant agree mate.

We had this conversation a few days ago. Generally done very well from signing young domestic players but young (under 21) players from abroad we havent done well at all ever.

He isn't a bad player when hes on the pitch, hes just never on the pitch. Better than Davies comfortably.

cover4.webp

Cant agree mate.

If you use your definition of hidden gems yes. But not if you look it at the way @Pabbers has explained he meant it, or the way I discussed it.

We had this conversation a few days ago. Generally done very well from signing young domestic players but young (under 21) players from abroad we havent done well at all ever.
Dont think many Prem clubs have tbh.
Many cant get work permits .
There possibly is some that have been signed that young and come through but atm cant think of any.

I don't believe Tosun is on over 100k a week.

I'd guess he's on around 60 - 80k.

It would be great if there was a verifiable source to prove either way. ?
John Parrott who is obviously quite clued in being big Duncs father in law told me he is on 100plus. He is definitely on more than 100k 100%.

Thats my worry with the whole Brands appointment. I know his job is much more than what we think, day to day etc, re-shaping the academy system and being the point person on deals etc. But I did hope we would bring in similar types that Ajax and AZ do / did, young un-tested cheaper players.

The problem I see with this strategy tho, is that the Dutch league is a far far inferior league to the prem.

In the prem there is no margin for young untested cheaper players to make a mistake, so they wouldn't get the game time and wouldn't develop in the same way.

The type of players that you're talking about usually need a season or 2 in the likes of the dutch league before they are ready to step up to the prem, signing them directly for Everton wouldn't work IMO. They would be put into the u23s at first ala Branthwaite, Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back