Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so 45 minutes of football in a match we lost is enough to make up your mind on a player. Despite him playing poorly the whole rest of the season...okay then:Blink:

What do you think of alcaraz? He played well against Newcastle that one time, got man of the match in fact. Should we get him back?
I never based my opinion of him on 45 minutes of football. I just said it was the best 45 minutes I'd seen by an Everton player in 30 years. They are not the same thing.

To compare with Alcaraz is also simply ludicrous. Stones' performance in that second half was absolutely world class by any measurement. As I said in my post, it showed the level he was capable of at the time.

And nowhere have I said I wanted him back. In fact I said I'm not sure I want him back as these things don't usually work out well.

Anyway, you can remember all the bad things Stones did for us. I'll remember the player who got capped by England as a 19yo, was good enough to get Chelsea to allegedly bid over £40m for him, and for City to pay a then world record fee of £50m for a defender who had just turned 22.

Well call me Allardyce and excessively risk averse if you (and Bainsey's Left Peg, tbf) will, but I'm twitchy about a decent, but far from infallible, pass-sprayer playing right in front of the back four. This is especially as our current midfield and attack don't exactly promise a shot on target every time we move forward. Risk of giving the ball away deep in our half with a lot of our players in front of it, vs the outside chance of scoring by building from the back. Not betting my life savings.

I could, of course be wrong, having initially thunk that Davies would come good, and maybe things might be different with a more effective midfield, but for the moment Gomes deep just worries me.
You’d never play him deep with the current midfield options, and even with a new midfield, he wouldn’t have the responsibility for doing much of the defending, in much the way that Pirlo didn’t. (Obviously Pirlo was a vastly superior player, but the defensive part holds)

Reading through the BBC Comments to the Doucoure and Allan links.. lets say not the most complimentary? Yes fans like to hate on other clubs, but general opinion is average players and we not really trying to break the ceiling with these. We're certainly not turning heads at the moment.. Maybe not turning heads and being smart is whats happening.. I can only hope

Reading through the BBC Comments to the Doucoure and Allan links.. lets say not the most complimentary? Yes fans like to hate on other clubs, but general opinion is average players and we not really trying to break the ceiling with these. We're certainly not turning heads at the moment.. Maybe not turning heads and being smart is whats happening.. I can only hope
I’m not fused on Doucoure, apart from that he’s a big strong presence. But Allan was nearly off to PSG for huge money 18months ago. Abd would get into every midfield in the premier league Bar city

Who really cares? you said it yourself.. rival fans will always talk shabbite.

I’m not fused on Doucoure, apart from that he’s a big strong presence. But Allan was nearly off to PSG for huge money 18months ago. Abd would get into every midfield in the premier league Bar city

Ya both were in high demand a year ago.. I also feel Allan will bring the best out of Doucoure.. Only issue for me is if our youth don't step forward in a couple years we are in for a huge payout to replace them without much in the way of sellable assets.

BBC comments are mainly top 6 hanger ons who base their opinions on football from what MOTD tell them.

I wonder if we’re going to a 4-3-3 and going to play Doucouré, Allan with Gomes.

We could see Richarlison on inside left or right as a wide forward, and another wide forward on the other flank, with Kean in the middle..

Didn't go to that match mate so I can't comment. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Best player I ever saw in a blue shirt was Rooney. First time around of course.

He was never as good at United IMO. I reckon Ferguson coached the greatness out of him.

Yep, should have stayed here but BK needed the money.

I wonder if we’re going to a 4-3-3 and going to play Doucouré, Allan with Gomes.

We could see Richarlison on inside left or right as a wide forward, and another wide forward on the other flank, with Kean in the middle..

Virginia
Arias Holgate Mina Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
Neres DCL Richarlison

Just hope they let fans in by the time we’re playing in the CL

I never based my opinion of him on 45 minutes of football. I just said it was the best 45 minutes I'd seen by an Everton player in 30 years. They are not the same thing.

To compare with Alcaraz is also simply ludicrous. Stones' performance in that second half was absolutely world class by any measurement. As I said in my post, it showed the level he was capable of at the time.

And nowhere have I said I wanted him back. In fact I said I'm not sure I want him back as these things don't usually work out well.

Anyway, you can remember all the bad things Stones did for us. I'll remember the player who got capped by England as a 19yo, was good enough to get Chelsea to allegedly bid over £40m for him, and for City to pay a then world record fee of £50m for a defender who had just turned 22.

You say the best 45 minutes of football you've seen in 30 years of watching everton is from John stone's and I'm being ludicrous?!

Your statment genuinely makes me feel depressed. That in your 30 years of football the highlight is watching John stone's loosing a semi final...we're proper crap aren't we:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back