Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think with Allan and Doucoure, we will play the longer game because we will be confident that they only want to come here, same way Hoijberg went to spurs for less than we allegedly offered. Getting players in for pre season isn't the same priority as usual as most players should already be much fitter due to the late finish, and the window no longer closing before the start of the season like last year.

I think there will be movement, and once the merry-go-round starts, it will pick up pace quite quickly. Chelsea have been able to spend as they have money burning a hole in their pocket due to lack of activity last year, but once they have their targets in, they will start to sell as well, that will probably kick things off.

Have to say again that there seems a clear lack of strategy emerging in the players being targeted,and still looking in the same well-worn places, hoping for different results.

There can't be very many pages in Brands' pocket notebook of contacts, and what on earth is Steinsson bringing to the table?

I'm really concerned, and if we are left floundering in late September, any remaining objectivity and direction left is likely to go right out of the (transfer) window, and the likelihood of coming up with some really average and over-valued signings only increases, out of desperation.

Last time, Iwobi was seen as a good idea. He might have been, on loan. In which case, we could have by now volleyed him back to Arsenal.

So is it All-on or All-off? Allan-800x504.webp

Have to say again that there seems a clear lack of strategy emerging in the players being targeted,and still looking in the same well-worn places, hoping for different results.

There can't be very many pages in Brands' pocket notebook of contacts, and what on earth is Steinsson bringing to the table?

I'm really concerned, and if we are left floundering in late September, any remaining objectivity and direction left is likely to go right out of the (transfer) window, and the likelihood of coming up with some really average and over-valued signings only increases, out of desperation.

Last time, Iwobi was seen as a good idea. He might have been, on loan. In which case, we could have by now volleyed him back to Arsenal.

Agreed. While I do think Doucoure will improve us, it's yet another (likely) big-money signing from a very obvious source. Where's the scouting?

Agreed. While I do think Doucoure will improve us, it's yet another (likely) big-money signing from a very obvious source. Where's the scouting?
You could point to Branthwaite and Nkounkou on the scouting front but it’s still a big tbd on how they turn out.

I see your point but not every signing will be an unknown from obscure leagues. We can only hope that if Watford really won’t sell Docoure for around 20mil, then we have other options already being worked.

I'm not advocating we go out and sign him but Ive been thinking about Deulofeu.

Why didn't we ever get him on the EPO? Imagine what a player Del would have been with 90 minute stamina, easily top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back