Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why loan another kid when we have two kids in that position already?
Why give him epl experience not our kids?
He won't come back if he has a good season with us. Another wasted year to find another centre back lol
shhh buddy this is how much of a clue you have
I would play Feeney and Gibson along side Mina in the back three.
And yes, I don't trust Holgate :pint2:

I fully agree mate. But for that to work you need to have a decent group of players to start with. Somebody said earlier we're only as good as our weakest links, and that's true. But we have too many weak links at he moment. CM, RB and RW are the obvious ones.

Our first task has to be to sort out those problem area's, and then start to build/improve as you suggest. Otherwise the really good players like Richarlison, Digne and Holgate will get fed up waiting and start pushing for a move.

If we're to hold on to hat type of player I would suggest we need to get European qualification this season. Just adding one player to this current squad, no matter how good he may be, will not bring that about in my opinion. I think Sarr at Watford is a tremendous talent and I'd love him for the RW position, but he couldn't keep Watford in the Premier League.

That was me who mentioned about "your defence is only as good as its weakest link".

Not necessarily the team.

Weve seen so many examples ourselves and with even top teams falling short because of one defender who is targeted every game and sadly lets the team down.

I mean we need to build some consistency which we probably wouldn't get from youths. Even if they leave after 3 years we may have league standings to work from. I don't knie if Allan specifically is the answer as i haven't watched him play but i'm not against someone from that agebracket ad long as that would get us some stability

Allan is class. Ive no problem with his signing but i do see it as a top class stopgap for 3 seasons. Unless of course he surprises me and can adapt as he turns 32/33 and become more of an anchor player.

Nah, Mina naturally looks a bit ungainly but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s superior to Keane on the ball - better carrying it out and a better passer.

Reckon that’d be a Doucoure alternative, got a surprising amount of experience considering he’s still only 21.

im coming around to McKennie but he looks to be more of an Allan than a Doucoure to me.

looked the best player at Schalke to me...or at least the one who wanted to make things happen.

I think CA is a conservative manager who likes a solid team built on a solid defence
Anybody thinking we will be copying the style of City or Liverpool are very wrong in my opinion.
We will defend quite deep, have a solid midfield in front .
I think holgate, Keane,Allan,Ducoure(if he can sign them) and DCL or Kean will form a strong physical spine down the middle of the team allowing more skilful players like Digne and Richarlison more space to play.

I dont think anyones suggested we mirror city or liverpool. My thinking is that we probably go for a deep defence this season based on the players linked and Keane perhaps getting a new deal.

Tbh i would be very happy to have a defensive minded team -- as long as we brought in a very fast right midfielder to get us up the pitch and link with the forwards.

Counter attack at pace.

I heard some French guy on the radio the other day saying that Sarr is probably not ready for PL football just yet and he was expecting Chelsea to loan him back out somewhere straight away.

I dont think hes good enough for the league. Hes not rapid and hes not a beast so not quite outstanding in anything really.

Seems to be a chelsea freebee to rent out.

Amazed players aren't significantly cheaper this window - the world is headed for recession / depression - fans aren't even allowed through the gate.

The whole world mate? You sure lol

It really isnt...

Agree on Tomori. Main issue is he isn't left-footed and we could really do with a player who is for that balance.

I think the plan seems to be for a three-man midfield in some way shape or form. That obviously depends if we get both Allan and Doucoure in or not.

I guess if we do, it'd be Allan-Gomes-Doucoure. And given Gomes would have legs around him, it would be his job to get us up the pitch.

That obviously means Richarlison playing in a wide forward role and we really need another player then for the right-hand side.

I still think Iwobi central is an alternative. If it's a midfield three the protection should be there to allow him to get forward and carry the ball.

Possibly a 3 man midfield...or Gomes and Doucoure rotating.

Ancelotti does like to have options of course.

If we have a deep defence then i dont know if we have the players to get up the pitch if we go with those 3 mids.

Think we would need our right sided player to be up/down and fast.

SSN:

EVERTON STILL IN TALKS FOR DOUCOURE
Everton
remain in talks with Watford over the signing of midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.
At the moment, the clubs are some way apart in their valuations.
Watford value Doucoure at £35m.

We'll get him for under £25m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back