Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Marcotti really just compared james to gylfi.........

This is the bit where he loses it for me. Rodriguez, when fit, is one of the most creative players from open play in the world. Comparing him to Sigurdsson is absolutely mental. I accept his point about Allan - he's an all action player and it would be reasonable to assume he will decline as he ages and his effectiveness could drop off a cliff, but Sigurdsson the same as James? It's actually pathetic

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Rodriguez-Carlo-Ancelotti-Abdoulaye-Doucoure

Gabriel Marcotti thinks Allan is on the way down and Rodriguez mirrors Sigurdson. He refers to them as 'strange signings' for a lot of money!

He does however believe Dacoure, if he can relinquish his form from two season's ago, will be a positive addition.

Is this man to be trusted?

Does anyone agree?

If they were both 24 and had never had a bad game then they wouldn’t be signing for Everton. I’m happy that these are the best type of players we could possibly attract.

Oh yeah he’s still quality, just shows though that these wonderkids need time as much as any other youngster...unless they’re Mbappe
Very much so, especially when moving to a league that's considered a step up. Same happened for Jovic at Madrid and numerous young French players moving to barca

I accept his point about Allan - he's an all action player and it would be reasonable to assume he will decline as he ages and his effectiveness could drop off a cliff.
Fernandinho came to England at a similar age 28. His performances have hardly declined rapidly since reaching his 30s. Nutrition, conditioning and better sports science means 30 isn’t the starting point of the decline of a player. I think Allan looks a very clever player what I’ve seen. It’s not like he’ll be throwing himself into every 50/50 challenges all over the park. He wins the ball back often with his excellent positional sense (like Fernandinho). I’m not suggesting he’ll be anywhere as near as good as him, but he reminds me of him in his style of play.

If they were both 24 and had never had a bad game then they wouldn’t be signing for Everton. I’m happy that these are the best type of players we could possibly attract.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But whose opinion would you trust Ancelloti’s (whose worked with both players and knows them inside out) or Marcotti’s - a journalist. Said it before if either of these was signing for one of the big 6, they’d be inspired signings.

If Liverpool, Spurs or City had signed Allan I imagine the article would have been more positive. He's a proper snide and exactly what every manager would want in their midfield.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Rodriguez-Carlo-Ancelotti-Abdoulaye-Doucoure

Gabriel Marcotti thinks Allan is on the way down and Rodriguez mirrors Sigurdson. He refers to them as 'strange signings' for a lot of money!

He does however believe Dacoure, if he can relinquish his form from two season's ago, will be a positive addition.

Does anyone agree?
Can we stop citing the Daily Express as if it is anything like a knowledgeable source?

My dog has produced better analysis in the park.

Does anyone agree?

We lost Gana and replaced him with a younger player who had been identified as the perfect replacement.
Gbamin has spent the entire season out with very worrying injuries.

Nobody knows how any transfer will pan out. Changes in lifestyle, climate, team expectations and team chemistry all play a part.
Thing is, if Gbamin does recover to the levels we invested in 12 months ago, we already have a younger midfielder ready to come in.

The clubs problem has been with the established pros recently.

Adding Allan and James means that the club has a solid foundation to bring in better quality and highly sort after 23/24 year olds, that would maybe not have considered Everton as a destination beforehand.

We lost Gana and replaced him with a younger player who had been identified as the perfect replacement.
Gbamin has spent the entire season out with very worrying injuries.

Nobody knows how any transfer will pan out. Changes in lifestyle, climate, team expectations and team chemistry all play a part.
Thing is, if Gbamin does recover to the levels we invested in 12 months ago, we already have a younger midfielder ready to come in.

The clubs problem has been with the established pros recently.

Adding Allan and James means that the club has a solid foundation to bring in better quality and highly sort after 23/24 year olds, that would maybe not have considered Everton as a destination beforehand.
Excellent post mate. We have a number of very promising youngsters, but as you’ve alluded to they have been let down by the older pros. Doucoure, James and Allan will offer that experience as well as the additional quality on the pitch, that the likes of Siggy, Delph and Walcott can no longer provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back