Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
draxler looks to be as productive as sigurdsson in the last 2 years, per this chart:
20200903_181643.jpg

underutilized, sure, but for the samples shown? questionable
I can't help but laugh at how nuts Messi is and someone on Everton is in the area where all the best players are

He's become a hate figure on here and on social media in general. There is a danger that will spill over onto the pitch when crowds are allowed back in and that would be a serious problem if it happened.

Are the club aware of how much he is hated by our fans? I'm not sure they are and I really don't think there are serious plans afoot to replace him, although I could easily be wrong.

Personally I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as his hatefan club would have it. Yes he makes too many mistakes, and his head certainly wasn't there for most of last season, especially after the lockdown. But I said in his own thread that if Southgate backed him during the International break, then he may get some confidence back and, more importantly, get his head straight again. That's happened and he was probably one of Englands better players.

Hopefully he can keep the mistakes down to a minimum this season which will keep fans off his back for a while, and we'll be able to maybe sell him next year when hopefully his stock is still quite high. Who we are going to replace him with I have no idea, as Chelsea have already discovered how difficult it is to find a quality keeper these days. But the hate for him amongst fans is so vitriol you have to be realistic and concede his days here are numbered

Two years ago I actually suggested in here that we should sell him whilst his stock was high after the world cup, and replace him with Dean Henderson from United. I was laughed off in here, probably by the same people who are calling for his head now.

His mistakes have cost us points, I believe Carlo is aware of that not just the fans. Pickford needs to stake stock of himself and look at those errors.

When we hired a DoF from PSV, I was expecting a stream of wonderkids from around the globe.

I’m delighted with the 3 we just added, our midfield was in a catatonic state. We needed an instant fix. That’s done now. Clearly 2 of them are Carlo’s picks.

When it comes to the likes of Zaha, I’d rather we were scouting the next Ronaldo than chucking £25M at other clubs.

I suspect Brands, like Walsh before him, might have been made to look good by scouts who they didn’t bring with them.

I'm not saying it was easy to start with but that million you might have got for say besic will be down to the hundreds of thousands now. We have got so many players down the pecking order that clubs have us over a barrel. We should have had a firesale with low prices before bringing in what looks to be 5 at least for now, if we knew had them lined up.

There's no such thing as a firesale. These players have been available for over two years and unsurprisingly no-one has touched them with a brown smelly stick.

They won't go anywhere on permanent deals as clubs won't pay them the wages they are currently on, and understandably the players are going to reticent to take pay cuts to leave. Thanks Steve Walsh.

SIgurdsson *may* be enough of a draw for the MLS to allocate him their special star exemption and cover salary. But failing that we're stuck with another year of loans where we contribute a percentage of their wage whilst the get closer to the end of their contract and can be released.

That said...there is a strong argument that certain players may well benefit from being rotation options, or will thrive as part of a squad - rather than being a mainstay of the starting XI as they were last season. I can see Ancelotti willing to keep Davies, Bernard, Walcott in the squad as there are situational opportunities where they can be used and where they can operate with less pressure. That's not to say that any of these are essential to the squad, but they have value for Carlo.

When we hired a DoF from PSV, I was expecting a stream of wonderkids from around the globe.

I’m delighted with the 3 we just added, our midfield was in a catatonic state. We needed an instant fix. That’s done now. Clearly 2 of them are Carlo’s picks.

When it comes to the likes of Zaha, I’d rather we were scouting the next Ronaldo than chucking £25M at other clubs.

I suspect Brands, like Walsh before him, might have been made to look good by scouts who they didn’t bring with them.
Brands did bring his own head scout, though. I think Doucoure is a Brands target tbh, and Carlo is on board with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back