Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Zaha is a top attacker. A front 3 of Zaha, Richarlison and James would be terrifying for defences. Zaha at Palace was getting doubled up on and tripled up on every game because they had no other threat, similar to how Richarlison got kicked to bits by every team after the restart. We would be a serious threat with that front three I think and 25m or so would be a very good price if true.

Have to say no, he would be a disruptive influence.
?
1599669977509.webp

When we hired a DoF from PSV, I was expecting a stream of wonderkids from around the globe.

I’m delighted with the 3 we just added, our midfield was in a catatonic state. We needed an instant fix. That’s done now. Clearly 2 of them are Carlo’s picks.

When it comes to the likes of Zaha, I’d rather we were scouting the next Ronaldo than chucking £25M at other clubs.

I suspect Brands, like Walsh before him, might have been made to look good by scouts who they didn’t bring with them.
You had some strange expectations then. Brands has signed a number of signings like what he would have done at PSV, including Branthwaite and Nkounkou that both look like they could be fantastic in a season or two.

Did you think he could sign the same level of unproven 18-19 year old that could come in and play in the Dutch league, and they could roll into the first 11 of a premier league side? Of course any young wonderkid signing will take at least 1-2 seasons longer to see the field here than at PSV, thats common sense. You cant hire Don Carlo and treat it like a pre-school project. Instead, you sign proven players who can perform now, and a bunch of cheap future stars who you will replace them with in a couple years time. Thats the perfect approach to it and seems to be what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back