Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we should have 11 players under the age of 21 in our first team squad?

As I said, that's just utter madness.

You're wumming alot more freqently now.

Is it the excitement of the new season? Is that a fairly reliable barometer of your wum level?

I see Bowler has been eradicated this morning.

Its all a bit Stuart Barlow isnt it...hit and miss.

Oh you’re trying to say you literally didn’t say it on the technicality of whether we include keepers or not?

Well let me tell you something, 12 players over 21 including keepers is still MAD and would have us instantly relegated. I guarantee you can’t find one squad in all of the top five European leagues with that few players over 21, nevermind one with any modicum of success

Hello,

Which is it;

A: You find it challenging to add two numbers together and when found to be incorrect in black and white, write whinging comments like ths one above to hide your own faults?

B: You were so eager to mock and comment in a negative fashion that you rushed a response without fully reading the post?

Either way, 2 + 10 = 12.

Thats not a "technicality" or open to excuses "not including / including keepers". Its a basic sum.

You've now made three posts trying to argue something which cant be argued. It really seems pointless to me.

i'm all for people disagreeing with my opinion when theres a valid viewpoint. But youre not making a very good fist of it.

If Holgate didn’t get injured I doubt we’d be after a CB. Without him we’re left without “senior” backups to our starters but I do wonder where Gibson and Branthwaite fit in. One is obviously 4th choice but do we also keep the other around as 5th and play with the U23s?

Feel Gibson should be given the chance as he’s getting a bit old to keep going out on loan and his chance might be gone come next summer but then again Branthwaite showed his ability the end of last season.

In an ideal world I’d keep both at the club and rotate them unless Gibson can’t impose himself on the first team which would be a shame. Also bringing anyone in kind of blocks both of their pathways so I really only see us going for someone we think won’t mind not playing much or else someone who we think could be a future addition to the squad.

Think Tomori on loan fits both of these, won’t be first choice but if he plays and does well could fairly easily be bought. I would feel bad for the 2 young lads though, they along with Simms are probably the only 2 close to getting any sort of minutes with the first team this year but they play the same position and both need their game time.

Well we 'know' that Gabriel was on the radar, also strong links with Tomori.

It looks like Mina +.Keane are competing for one position. Then Holgate + another for the second position.

Snag we have is that Keane cant turn so needs to play deep. Mina a bit more flexible but not pacey and Holgates competition is somewhat unproven and not pacey either.

If it was me, i would go for Tomori and loan Branthwaite and Gibson with a clause that we can bring them back in jan.

Shorter 3 month period now with the season starting late so less risk of players being 'damaged' by loans.

Whatever CB comes in has to have pace. It's why Tomori is ideal.

Right-back will be nice. Will rumble on until the end of the window and probably depend on a move for Kenny.

I think a wide player is the next target to buy and that'll allow us to shift Walcott and/or possibly Bernard if there's interest.

GK as back up/competition probably on the list.

Will be surprised if anything is done before the last 9-10 days of the window now though.

How do you feel about Kenny getting the 2 shirt?

If we play James centrally, which 4 wide players would you keep?

You're wumming alot more freqently now.

Is it the excitement of the new season? Is that a fairly reliable barometer of your wum level?

I see Bowler has been eradicated this morning.

Its all a bit Stuart Barlow isnt it...hit and miss.

Hello,

Which is it;

A: You find it challenging to add two numbers together and when found to be incorrect in black and white, write whinging comments like ths one above to hide your own faults?

B: You were so eager to mock and comment in a negative fashion that you rushed a response without fully reading the post?

Either way, 2 + 10 = 12.

Thats not a "technicality" or open to excuses "not including / including keepers". Its a basic sum.

You've now made three posts trying to argue something which cant be argued. It really seems pointless to me.

i'm all for people disagreeing with my opinion when theres a valid viewpoint. But youre not making a very good fist of it.

Well we 'know' that Gabriel was on the radar, also strong links with Tomori.

It looks like Mina +.Keane are competing for one position. Then Holgate + another for the second position.

Snag we have is that Keane cant turn so needs to play deep. Mina a bit more flexible but not pacey and Holgates competition is somewhat unproven and not pacey either.

If it was me, i would go for Tomori and loan Branthwaite and Gibson with a clause that we can bring them back in jan.

Shorter 3 month period now with the season starting late so less risk of players being 'damaged' by loans.

How do you feel about Kenny getting the 2 shirt?

If we play James centrally, which 4 wide players would you keep?

Honestly Zat I'm not wumming I really do think having 11 under 21 players in a squad is a really bad idea.

Honestly Zat I'm not wumming I really do think having 11 under 21 players in a squad is a really bad idea.

Well, in an ideal world you have 23 galacticos who are moulded into the best team in the world by the worlds best manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

However with FFP limitations and 'pull' thats somewhat unlikely. So the way i see it, you have 3 options;

1: Focus on your first eleven with 2 or 3 top signings a summer. This could be an issue with wages when moving players out who are being replaced, but its 'organic' with bonuses from the youth now and again.

2: Similar to (1) but try to find the Gana / Kante / Vardy type players who can come in 'cheaply' and have a big impact. Somewhat risky and a 'mixed bag', somewhat stategy (1) lite.

3: Aim for the best possible u21 players available to develop. In a somewhat similar way that Ferguson did with his 'class of 92' with his coming through the youth ranks. The key difference is the mix of Everton youth with high potential and foreign imports.

Ideally i like a mix of all 3 strategies. We bring in 2 top upgrades each summer + 1 or 2 cheap punts + have a budget for u21 signings like Nkounkou and Branthwaite.

If we were able to get rid of the dross then i would:

A: Push the boat out for Donnarumma on a pre contract agreement in Jan. Move out Pickford next summer. The gain on Donnarumma for a low development fee offsets any damage on Pickfords fee.

B: Go for Emerson / Aarons or another u21 at right back.

C: Add in a player into the Holgate/Richarlison/DCL age group in Bailey/Sarr. When Walcott/Bolasie go at end of season theres a pathway to a backup spot for Dobbin if he develops.

D: Pathway for Onyango behind Doucoure. Search the globe around for a potential world class u21 playmaker to come in behind James.

E: Tomori on a loan with a buyout.

Not in any particular order.

Well, in an ideal world you have 23 galacticos who are moulded into the best team in the world by the worlds best manager, Carlo Ancelotti.

However with FFP limitations and 'pull' thats somewhat unlikely. So the way i see it, you have 3 options;

1: Focus on your first eleven with 2 or 3 top signings a summer. This could be an issue with wages when moving players out who are being replaced, but its 'organic' with bonuses from the youth now and again.

2: Similar to (1) but try to find the Gana / Kante / Vardy type players who can come in 'cheaply' and have a big impact. Somewhat risky and a 'mixed bag', somewhat stategy (1) lite.

3: Aim for the best possible u21 players available to develop. In a somewhat similar way that Ferguson did with his 'class of 92' with his coming through the youth ranks. The key difference is the mix of Everton youth with high potential and foreign imports.

Ideally i like a mix of all 3 strategies. We bring in 2 top upgrades each summer + 1 or 2 cheap punts + have a budget for u21 signings like Nkounkou and Branthwaite.

If we were able to get rid of the dross then i would:

A: Push the boat out for Donnarumma on a pre contract agreement in Jan. Move out Pickford next summer. The gain on Donnarumma for a low development fee offsets any damage on Pickfords fee.

B: Go for Emerson / Aarons or another u21 at right back.

C: Add in a player into the Holgate/Richarlison/DCL age group in Bailey/Sarr. When Walcott/Bolasie go at end of season theres a pathway to a backup spot for Dobbin if he develops.

D: Pathway for Onyango behind Doucoure. Search the globe around for a potential world class u21 playmaker to come in behind James.

E: Tomori on a loan with a buyout.

Not in any particular order.

Number 1 please.

Which is what I think Brands will do.

He certainly wont be buying a load of 29 year olds every summer that's for sure.

So far this year he's bought 2 teenagers and 3 older players, but we all know that Carlo had a big say in Allan and Hamez.

As well you know we have a LOT of rubbish players out of contract soon which will give us some slight wiggle room with regards wages.

Dont wanna go all Sidney Spreadsheets but we really need to sell some players, a LOT of players if we want to spend much more.

I mean your talking 20m for Emerson, 40m for Sarr, on top of the 60m we have spent, its a lot of money. As I keep saying, sales will determine the rest of this window for us. If we don't make significant sales I think we are looking at mostly loans.

Donnarumma will probably have better suitors than us and to get him on a free we would need to shatter our wages.

Im never saying never after we got Kean, Carlo and Hamez, but some things are still above us I feel.

Number 1 please.

Which is what I think Brands will do.

He certainly wont be buying a load of 29 year olds every summer that's for sure.

So far this year he's bought 2 teenagers and 3 older players, but we all know that Carlo had a big say in Allan and Hamez.

As well you know we have a LOT of rubbish players out of contract soon which will give us some slight wiggle room with regards wages.

Dont wanna go all Sidney Spreadsheets but we really need to sell some players, a LOT of players if we want to spend much more.

I mean your talking 20m for Emerson, 40m for Sarr, on top of the 60m we have spent, its a lot of money. As I keep saying, sales will determine the rest of this window for us. If we don't make significant sales I think we are looking at mostly loans.

Donnarumma will probably have better suitors than us and to get him on a free we would need to shatter our wages.

Im never saying never after we got Kean, Carlo and Hamez, but some things are still above us I feel.

Two questions for you Goat.

1: If we could sell all the 'deadwood' this window how much do you think we would bring in?

2: Seeing as this and next seasons FFP are combined then the £60mil for Emerson and Sarr would surely make more sense to be taken out of next seasons budget to bring those players in now?

Two questions for you Goat.

1: If we could sell all the 'deadwood' this window how much do you think we would bring in?

2: Seeing as this and next seasons FFP are combined then the £60mil for Emerson and Sarr would surely make more sense to be taken out of next seasons budget to bring those players in now?
1. Ive no idea, we probably have different deadwood lists, there's not a great deal of money in it for me, wages yes, cash money no, I feel most will be loans, which helps us, but doesn't give us a great deal of wiggle.

2. If we could make the sales to make it viable, yes.

In order to get Emerson you are going to need to sell JJK or Coleman for at least most of the 20m, IMO.
In order to get Sarr you are going to need to probably sell Walcott and probably Bernie for a chunk of the 40m, their combined wages would make the deal viable if we could get 15m-20m for them.

The only REAL holes in the squad we have currently is at CB, we could add a CB and we wouldn't need to replace, most other positions we would need to Out to In, if you know what I mean? For cashflow/wages reasons and just general squad numbers.

The squad currently is too big and it needs shaving, depending on the level of the shave and the cash we could get in, that will all determine the remaining business we do.

I know the 2 windows have been combined with regards FFP, but we don't want to stretch our budget too far, I've seen rumours that we have already "sold" some of our income from next year to pay for transfers. We will be running underfunded this season and whilst Mosh clearly has the answers, putting all our eggs in the basket will not make an omelette.

1. Ive no idea, we probably have different deadwood lists, there's not a great deal of money in it for me, wages yes, cash money no, I feel most will be loans, which helps us, but doesn't give us a great deal of wiggle.

2. If we could make the sales to make it viable, yes.

In order to get Emerson you are going to need to sell JJK or Coleman for at least most of the 20m, IMO.
In order to get Sarr you are going to need to probably sell Walcott and probably Bernie for a chunk of the 40m, their combined wages would make the deal viable if we could get 15m-20m for them.

The only REAL holes in the squad we have currently is at CB, we could add a CB and we wouldn't need to replace, most other positions we would need to Out to In, if you know what I mean? For cashflow/wages reasons and just general squad numbers.

The squad currently is too big and it needs shaving, depending on the level of the shave and the cash we could get in, that will all determine the remaining business we do.

I know the 2 windows have been combined with regards FFP, but we don't want to stretch our budget too far, I've seen rumours that we have already "sold" some of our income from next year to pay for transfers. We will be running underfunded this season and whilst Mosh clearly has the answers, putting all our eggs in the basket will not make an omelette.

1: Heres the squad Goat. If we go with Brands ideal 23 man squad, to include Emerson and Sarr then simply pick 21 players out of this bunch and calculate how much we would get for the rest...

1 – Jordan Pickford
2 – Jonjoe Kenny
4 – Mason Holgate
5 – Michael Keane
6 – Allan
7 – Richarlison
8 – Fabian Delph
9 – Dominic Calvert-Lewin
10 – Gylfi Sigurdsson
11 – Theo Walcott
12 – Lucas Digne
13 – Yerry Mina
14 – Cenk Tosun
16 – Abdoluaye Doucoure
17 – Alex Iwobi
18 – Niels Nkounkou
19 – James Rodriguez
20 – Bernard
21 – Andre Gomes
23 – Seamus Coleman
24 – Anthony Gordon
25 – Jean-Philippe Gbamin
26 – Tom Davies
27 – Moise Kean
28 – Sandro Ramirez
29 – Yannick Bolasie
30 – Muhamed Besic
31 – Joao Virginia
32 – Jarrad Branthwaite
34 – Beni Baningime
35 - Dennis Adeniran
37 – Lewis Gibson
38 - Ryan Astley
46 - Con Ouzounidis
48 - Kyle John
49 – Jonas Lossl
50 – Ellis Simms

+ Pennington + Connolly.

2: If we signed Emerson £20mil thats £4mil a season on the books and Sarr at £40mil would be £8mil a season on the books -- if both were on 5 year deals.

Wages wise next season we'd be fine and we'd also cover their annual fees from the saved wages pot if being slightly creative.

Also, if either player rose in value and we needed money in then we could always sell one of them in 12months at a book value gain + increased valuation to balance both signings.

I agree though that we need loans and sales pronto though or its not too sensible.

1: Heres the squad Goat. If we go with Brands ideal 23 man squad, to include Emerson and Sarr then simply pick 21 players out of this bunch and calculate how much we would get for the rest...

1 – Jordan Pickford
2 – Jonjoe Kenny
4 – Mason Holgate
5 – Michael Keane
6 – Allan
7 – Richarlison
8 – Fabian Delph
10 – Gylfi Sigurdsson
11 – Theo Walcott
12 – Lucas Digne
13 – Yerry Mina
14 – Cenk Tosun
16 – Abdoluaye Doucoure
17 – Alex Iwobi
18 – Niels Nkounkou
19 – James Rodriguez
20 – Bernard
21 – Andre Gomes
23 – Seamus Coleman
24 – Anthony Gordon
26 – Tom Davies
27 – Moise Kean
28 – Sandro Ramirez
29 – Yannick Bolasie
30 – Muhamed Besic
31 – Joao Virginia
32 – Jarrad Branthwaite
34 – Beni Baningime
35 - Dennis Adeniran
37 – Lewis Gibson
38 - Ryan Astley
46 - Con Ouzounidis
48 - Kyle John
49 – Jonas Lossl
50 – Ellis Simms

+ Pennington + Connolly.

2: If we signed Emerson £20mil thats £4mil a season on the books and Sarr at £40mil would be £8mil a season on the books -- if both were on 5 year deals.

Wages wise next season we'd be fine and we'd also cover their annual fees from the saved wages pot if being slightly creative.

Also, if either player rose in value and we needed money in then we could always sell one of them in 12months at a book value gain + increased valuation to balance both signings.

I agree though that we need loans and sales pronto though or its not too sensible.

25p.

But I've honestly no idea, other than Bernie for around 15m, I see no value anywhere else.

Having to sell players cos we skint is the last situation we need to put ourselves is.

Selling to buy is 1 thing, selling to survive is another.

I know you like your spread the fee over the contract length but its a really bad way of accounting transfers and in order to track and determine its value you would need to track all the other contracts and liabilities we have on the books, hence why dumb football fans like us just worry about net spend and sometimes profit and loss.

We ain't accountants Zat, lets stick to what we know.

25p.

But I've honestly no idea, other than Bernie for around 15m, I see no value anywhere else.

Having to sell players cos we skint is the last situation we need to put ourselves is.

Selling to buy is 1 thing, selling to survive is another.

I know you like your spread the fee over the contract length but its a really bad way of accounting transfers and in order to track and determine its value you would need to track all the other contracts and liabilities we have on the books, hence why dumb football fans like us just worry about net spend and sometimes profit and loss.

We ain't accountants Zat, lets stick to what we know.

Add: Emerson / Sarr or Bailey / Tomori

GK: Pickford / Lossl
RB: Coleman / Kenny*
RCB: Mina / Keane
LCB: Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
RM: Walcott
DM: Allan / Gbamin
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Davies
LM: Gordon
AM: James / Iwobi
CF: Richarlison / Kean
CF: DCL

* Id keep Kenny/Coleman because we may go 3 at the back and Coleman can rotate into RCB with Emerson RWB and Kenny covering both.

Loan / Sell / u23s

8 – Fabian Delph
10 – Gylfi Sigurdsson
14 – Cenk Tosun
20 – Bernard
28 – Sandro Ramirez
29 – Yannick Bolasie
30 – Muhamed Besic
31 – Joao Virginia
32 – Jarrad Branthwaite
34 – Beni Baningime
35 - Dennis Adeniran
37 – Lewis Gibson
38 - Ryan Astley
46 - Con Ouzounidis
48 - Kyle John
49 – Jonas Lossl
50 – Ellis Simms
Pennington
Connolly

Add: Emerson / Sarr or Bailey / Tomori

GK: Pickford / Lossl
RB: Coleman / Kenny*
RCB: Mina / Keane
LCB: Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
RM: Walcott
DM: Allan / Gbamin
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Davies
LM: Gordon
AM: James / Iwobi
CF: Richarlison / Kean
CF: DCL

* Id keep Kenny/Coleman because we may go 3 at the back and Coleman can rotate into RCB with Emerson RWB and Kenny covering both.

Loan / Sell / u23s

8 – Fabian Delph
10 – Gylfi Sigurdsson
14 – Cenk Tosun
20 – Bernard
28 – Sandro Ramirez
29 – Yannick Bolasie
30 – Muhamed Besic
31 – Joao Virginia
32 – Jarrad Branthwaite
34 – Beni Baningime
35 - Dennis Adeniran
37 – Lewis Gibson
38 - Ryan Astley
46 - Con Ouzounidis
48 - Kyle John
49 – Jonas Lossl
50 – Ellis Simms
Pennington
Connolly
I lile how you wrote out their full names in the flog list.

1 – Jordan Pickford
2 – Jonjoe Kenny
4 – Mason Holgate
5 – Michael Keane
6 – Allan
7 – Richarlison
8 – Fabian Delph
10 – Gylfi Sigurdsson
11 – Theo Walcott
12 – Lucas Digne
13 – Yerry Mina
14 – Cenk Tosun
16 – Abdoluaye Doucoure
17 – Alex Iwobi
18 – Niels Nkounkou
19 – James Rodriguez
20 – Bernard
21 – Andre Gomes
23 – Seamus Coleman
24 – Anthony Gordon
26 – Tom Davies
27 – Moise Kean
28 – Sandro Ramirez
29 – Yannick Bolasie
30 – Muhamed Besic
31 – Joao Virginia
32 – Jarrad Branthwaite
34 – Beni Baningime
35 - Dennis Adeniran
37 – Lewis Gibson
38 - Ryan Astley
46 - Con Ouzounidis
48 - Kyle John
49 – Jonas Lossl
50 – Ellis Simms

+ Pennington + Connolly.

If we sell the above we could get circa £50 Million and it would not weaken our squad at all and decrease our wage bill; my opinion!

Not sure how good/poor anyone from #30 downwards is hence not included any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back