Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree mate, if we hadn't signed 2 centre mids this summer we'd have had to watch Davies or Gylfi in there again this season. Midfield was defo the priority.

Don't get me wrong we need to strengthen at the back too. But 2 competent centre mids were an absolute must if we wanted to play any sort of decent football

yeah i know, we could still have had allan, gomes and one of davies/glyfi/delph/gbamin/besic and even then we could arguably use bernard, james or baningime if we had about 9 injuries.

But at centre half, 2 injuries and we have 3 branthwaite starting every week, an extra injury, who's there? we've got rid of gibson. Is it bloody pennington? We've even let go of feeney so or options are horrifically thin imo and a lot weaker than centre mid options in my opinion. I don't like the idea of playing digne out of position, because then we have another rookie who'd have to step in at LB, regardless of how good these young lads have looked, it's only 1 or 2 games.
The way we got shafted last season, we really shouldn't be waiting this long to get another CB in. I understand why we pulled out of gabriel, if true, but we should have had something else teed up and not risk making the same mistake again.

yeah i know, we could still have had allan, gomes and one of davies/glyfi/delph/gbamin/besic and even then we could arguably use bernard, james or baningime if we had about 9 injuries.

But at centre half, 2 injuries and we have 3 branthwaite starting every week, an extra injury, who's there? we've got rid of gibson. Is it bloody pennington? We've even let go of feeney so or options are horrifically thin imo and a lot weaker than centre mid options in my opinion. I don't like the idea of playing digne out of position, because then we have another rookie who'd have to step in at LB, regardless of how good these young lads have looked, it's only 1 or 2 games.
The way we got shafted last season, we really shouldn't be waiting this long to get another CB in. I understand why we pulled out of gabriel, if true, but we should have had something else teed up and not risk making the same mistake again.

Fair points mate, we definitely need another body in at CB, preferably one with pace.

I would imagine we wouldn't have let Gibson out on loan unless we had somebody lined up to bring in at CB, but we will see.

Wouldn't be opposed to Todibo on loan if those stories are true. We've clearly held an interest in him for a while, and a loan would give us the chance to assess him properly before dropping 20 mil+ on him

Yeah exactly my view this.

Same although he hardly even featured on the bench it would be strange
to loan him out giving the situation and having hardly anyone else who isn't fit
and who has played with the first team in CB to cover.

Makes it look almost certain a CB will be brought in whether its on loan or not.

Fair points mate, we definitely need another body in at CB, preferably one with pace.

I would imagine we wouldn't have let Gibson out on loan unless we had somebody lined up to bring in at CB, but we will see.

Wouldn't be opposed to Todibo on loan if those stories are true. We've clearly held an interest in him for a while, and a loan would give us the chance to assess him properly before dropping 20 mil+ on him

surely, but all last summer i was chilled, relaxed that we'd eventually get a centre back in as i believed we knew zouma wasn't coming, but no. I really don't see why we couldn't have held onto gibson, at least for tonight seeing as reading are out of the comp anyway (i saw the rule about not being able to play for more than 2 clubs in a season and i don't know if that spreads across all comps, but hardly great when we're already foreseeing sending him to someone else in jan). We may have needed him at the weekend too! You don't know what happens in footy these days.

Todibo is who i'd like based on all the names floating around atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back