Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar issue with us mate. Firstly the wages they pay and secondly whether they'd jump down are in question.

In a broader sense, you have to factor in they manipulate figures well, and tend to use agents a lot (so pay agents very high fees to move them on). So you see 20m for Solanke. At best you are looking at £10m down, the rest based on goals, England appearances etc he will never score. Of the 10 they recieve, they probably pay 4 or 5 to an agent to ag agent to sort the deal. They probabaly take about £5m of that, and will get another couple on the drip. Again it's still a lot for Solanke, but after Chelsea have been paid their 3 or 4 million initially (plus the sell on %) they don't make an awful lot. Hence why when their books look very good, it is not as rosy underneath it all.

Sides are getting cleverer with them too this summer. There have been no stupid offers for Lallana, Origi, Wilson, Brewster (yet), Lovren, Shaqiri etc.

Well lallana went for free and i thought the fee for lovren was stupid, but as you say, they make their figures up to an extent so he probably went for half of what they quoted.

His market value right now is very high. If he stays and they don't get promoted you could basically half the current asking price. No shock they're trying to flog him right now.

I personally don't think he's worth the £40m or so that's been touted - another winger that doesn't score a whole lot of goals.

Yes it's a good point. He's also on a pretty decent whack for a side in the championship, so they wouldn't want to be lumbered with him.

It all depends where Gibson is in the pecking order I suppose. If the thinking is that they would rather move digne or Kenny to centre half than play Gibson then there’s no point keeping hold. I’ve said before, none of the signs out of the club suggest that they think Gibson is a great prospect. He gets bigged up on here but it seems he’s some way off at the moment.

Someone mentioned that he has a 2 loan agreement in his development plan. Dunno if its true like but that would explain things. He got rave reviews on loan at Fleetwood

Well lallana went for free and i thought the fee for lovren was stupid, but as you say, they make their figures up to an extent so he probably went for half of what they quoted.

They got about 10 for Lovren didn't they? They wanted something daft like 30. Given it's a Russian team, it won't be all up front, there will be a decent loyalty payment to both Lovren and his agent to get him to go out there.

Someone mentioned that he has a 2 loan agreement in his development plan. Dunno if its true like but that would explain things. He got rave reviews on loan at Fleetwood
Reports in the athletic a couple of weeks ago were that he’d turned down loans in the hope of being in the first team reckoning here but he evidently isn’t. Clearly they think he’s decent like, but there’s little to suggest that they have huge hopes for him I think.

I'm surprised so many people think letting Gibson go means we have a replacement lined up, I mean we were inches away from settling for Marcus Rojo last year.
I think this year is a bit different due to two of our CB's getting injured in the space of weeks so we've kind of had to scramble to find a CB.

It all depends where Gibson is in the pecking order I suppose. If the thinking is that they would rather move digne or Kenny to centre half than play Gibson then there’s no point keeping hold. I’ve said before, none of the signs out of the club suggest that they think Gibson is a great prospect. He gets bigged up on here but it seems he’s some way off at the moment.
Wasn't this because they wanted to keep open the option of loaning him out (to Reading) and being able to potentially bring him back in Jan and loan him out elsewhere, if the initial loan wasn't progressing well?

Couldn't do that if he'd played for us, as you can only play for 2 teams in a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back