Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong on this but if we broke ffp we would only get a slap on the wrist for a first violation of the rules.

Going off previous rulings it's around £8m fine and a 22 man squad in European cup competitions.

With this year and next ffp rolling into one accumulative year. Could we break ffp for both years (this year and next)and it only count as one?

I may be wrong on this but if we broke ffp we would only get a slap on the wrist for a first violation of the rules.

Going off previous rulings it's around £8m fine and a 22 man squad in European cup competitions.

With this year and next ffp rolling into one accumulative year. Could we break ffp for both years (this year and next)and it only count as one?

Wolves got like a 750k fine and a 2 or so player reduction in Europe.

Honestly wouldn't worry - we've got a plan.

But sustainability wise it's not viable. The manager won't one so many players there, he's already said as much.

We need to shift players out.

Besic, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun. Four players who will contribute nothing this season - that's about £320k a week in wages right there, being conservative.

£320k x 52 = £16,640,000

That's not just 'a few million'. And especially during such a financially unstable time, we need to shift them.
I reckon they've thought about it so you don't have to.

As we’re not in Europe this year and as a lot of the dross will leave at the end of the season, does FFP really matter this season?

Keep spending. FFP won't matter. They will want the money flowing and to do that, they need the clubs with it to spend, regardless of where it comes from. The more we spend above our means, the more available for others to spend. FFP restrictions will be lifted for longer than has been confirmed so far.
Heard today that York get 2 m or 10% of the fee
It was stated that that is enough to keep them in business for at least 2 years without another penny coming in to their coffers
IF Norwich spend 5 Million on a replacement ,that could be 3 clubs saved this season

Yep, right full would be gift, don’t see it this widow though, that’s surely sin, sin.
Right full I think was area after midfield that needed addressed most. As much as I love Seamus he can't do it all season on his own. What if he got injured?? JJK??? Even if he tired our own fans would rip him apart. We need a quality pace merchant (Dani Alves style) to be bombing up and down the right hand side allowing Hamez to be overlapped while he cuts inside. Seamy can get a rest to keep him at his best too. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Amazing window so far... we just need the knickers now to go with our beautiful new fur coat lol

Tend to agree. Could have got a 4th choice CB on loan for not much. But, we haven’t, we’ve invested in a young hopefully future star. This doesn’t feel like a panic buy, rather part of a plan.
From what people say he can play CB, RB and defensive midfield. We need these utility players to cover injuries

Heard today that York get 2 m or 10% of the fee
It was stated that that is enough to keep them in business for at least 2 years without another penny coming in to their coffers
IF Norwich spend 5 Million on a replacement ,that could be 3 clubs saved this season
Everton the gift that keeps giving. Oh hang on that was before Carlo arrived:dance::dance:

Right full I think was area after midfield that needed addressed most. As much as I love Seamus he can't do it all season on his own. What if he got injured?? JJK??? Even if he tired our own fans would rip him apart. We need a quality pace merchant (Dani Alves style) to be bombing up and down the right hand side allowing Hamez to be overlapped while he cuts inside. Seamy can get a rest to keep him at his best too. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Amazing window so far... we just need the knickers now to go with our beautiful new fur coat lol
Just wondering if RB might be the plan for Godfrey. After watching that video he had pac to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back