Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a boring accountant I have to point out that stadium naming rights for a stadium to be/being built cannot be included against football expenditure for either PL STCC or UEFA FFP rules. A complete red herring I'm afraid.

Keep spending. FFP won't matter. They will want the money flowing and to do that, they need the clubs with it to spend, regardless of where it comes from. The more we spend above our means, the more available for others to spend. FFP restrictions will be lifted for longer than has been confirmed so far.

As a boring accountant I have to point out that stadium naming rights cannot be included against football expenditure for either PL STCC or UEFA FFP rules. A complete red herring I'm afraid.

Why not sir?

Surely its income therefore is counted?

Isn't PL STCC Finished now?

Might be heading for an anti-climax on deadline day as regards more incomings but
that's definitely a good position to be in.

I still wonder if Kean is to leave and we are covering Godfrey in part with this. Would surely look for a loan then ourselves.

Could be like supermarket sweep for outgoings but that could go on until the 16th.

Keep spending. FFP won't matter. They will want the money flowing and to do that, they need the clubs with it to spend, regardless of where it comes from. The more we spend above our means, the more available for others to spend. FFP restrictions will be lifted for longer than has been confirmed so far.

It's not just about FFP, though.

Having a 32-man playing squad, with players who contribute nothing on £100k plus a week, is mental.

If FFP is removed from the picture I don't think Mosh / our rich Russian uncle are going to care about a few million going down the tubes for this transition period

But sustainability wise it's not viable. The manager won't one so many players there, he's already said as much.

We need to shift players out.

Besic, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun. Four players who will contribute nothing this season - that's about £320k a week in wages right there, being conservative.

£320k x 52 = £16,640,000

That's not just 'a few million'. And especially during such a financially unstable time, we need to shift them.

Why not sir?

Surely its income therefore is counted?

Isn't PL STCC Finished now?

Because it relates to a future asset being built it is matched against the cost and then when built it is matched against stadium financing and operating costs which can already be excluded from football losses. PL STCC still exists with a hard cap on 3 year cumulative losses but the annual wage growth limit removed but like FFP they've allowed an extended accounting period. I think both are likely to require further adjustment to take account of the permanent loss of matchday income but that is still to come. EFC may be gambling a little on that based on the sentiment amongst clubs being widespread that more changes are needed, at least as one-off to provide relief for lost matchday and tv income attributed to Covid.

But sustainability wise it's not viable. The manager won't one so many players there, he's already said as much.

We need to shift players out.

Out of contract 2021:

Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Sandro
Pennington

Out of contract 2022:

Siggurdsson
Tosun
Delph
Bernard

As long as we dont fall foul to FFP the majority of our dross will be gone in the next 2 years anyway mate

Out of contract 2021:

Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Sandro
Pennington

Out of contract 2022:

Siggurdsson
Tosun
Delph
Bernard

As long as we dont fall foul to FFP the majority of our dross will be gone in the next 2 years anyway mate

But like I've just said mate, Bolasie, Besic, Sandro, Tosun - just those four is approx £16m in wages over the course of a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back