Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flog:

Keane (20m)
Bernard (18m)
Sigurdsson (10m)
Schneiderlin (6m)
Kenny (6m)
Coleman (5m)

Free Transfers:

Meunier
Willian
Fraser

Purchase:

Partey (43.5m)
Semedo (40m)
Gabriel (30m)
Allan (20m)

Team:

Pickford

Semedo Holgate Gabriel Digne

Willian Allan Partey Fraser

DCL Richarlison

Subs:

Mina
Meunier
Baines
Walcott
Gomes
Iwobi
Delph
Kean
Partey will be worth a lot more than 43m and I can’t see Willian signing on a free

edit: also worth pointing out Partey is outright one of the best midfielders in the world currently and won’t come to Everton

How low are your aspirations for Everton that you’re so strongly advocating signing a winger with 1 (one) goal in 28 games this season, and have him be our starting right winger next season?

The right winger I have suggested has scored 5 goals and made 5 assists in 28 games this season. He's proven quality and much better than any other option we have at right midfield, hence my aspirations are an advocation for improvement beyond the endless failure of midtable.

well said

I can tell you this right now, if we sell Pickford we won't get better than him at this current juncture

pretty much all the top keepers are already at top clubs

If people think we can sell Pickford and replace him with a Fabianski then they are going to be in for an unpleasant wake up call

I'm almost at the stage where I want us to sell Pickford actually. People need to learn

....I’m not sure ‘all the best keepers are at the best clubs’ is totally correct. There’s a huge global market out there, Brands is paid a lot of money to know that market. Some on here suggest bringing in somebody from the PL, and I’d agree it’s a very limited and underwhelming goalkeeper market.

There has to be gems out there, Brands job is to unearth one. I have no idea who should come in, but I’d like a better keeper. Pickford is ordinary in my opinion, he’s capable of brilliance but his all-around game doesn’t fill me with confidence and he’s inconsistent.

I’m a bit old fashioned, I’ve never been a fan of Pickford as I much prefer the type of keeper who command his area.

I’d be very surprised if he did - I’d easily consider him top 10-20 midfielders in the world currently

His release clause is reportedly 43.5 million. Arsenal are supposed to be after him. If we really want to compete with Arsenal, then we should be competing for his signature.

The right winger I have suggested has scored 5 goals and made 5 assists in 28 games this season. He's proven quality and much better than any other option we have at right midfield, hence my aspirations are an advocation for improvement beyond the endless failure of midtable.
Meant the Scottish gnome not Willian, forgive me. Although signing Willian who’s so obviously begun his decline, is on massive wages and is over 30 would just be another case of Everton repeating the same old mistakes.

Meant the Scottish gnome not Willian, forgive me. Although signing Willian who’s so obviously begun his decline, is on massive wages and is over 30 would just be another case of Everton repeating the same old mistakes.

I disagree mate. His 'signs of decline' are stats that hammer all of our wingers. He's quality and has still got a good 3 more years in him. His next employer will be a top club.

Repeating the same mistakes would involve spending 30 million each on utter no marks like Iwobi and Gbamin before we even start to meet their obscene wages.

I disagree mate. His 'signs of decline' are stats that hammer all of our wingers. He's quality and has still got a good 3 more years in him. His next employer will be a top club.

Repeating the same mistakes would involve spending 30 million each on utter no marks like Iwobi and Gbamin before we even start to meet their obscene wages.

Calls a player with over 100 senior games, 40 international caps and who has played at a World Cup a no mark while advocating a player who can’t even get in the Scottish National side lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back