Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we replace Kean with Lorente it will be a stupid move. Lorente is not good enough for what we want to achieve. He had a good season with Swansea several years ago and that's it. Getting a quality backup striker is important just ask City.

Our world class manager signed him at his last club. If we were to sign him (and I don't think we will) then we wont be going into it blindly. It will be hard to get a quality back up as not many will be wanting to change leagues to sit on the bench in the covid capital of the world.

Roma goalkeeper Pau Lopez’s future at the club remains a major question mark.

The Giallorossi paid a club record for the goalkeeper last summer, but the Spaniard was very inconsistent throughout the campaign, making too many mistakes and displaying several mental flaws.

No thanks.
Sounds worse than Pickford apparently spurs had him on loan under poch

Yep, agree we need someone as cover, but you said we should go big on a forward, which is a different situation.

A 10 goal forward in this league will cost 30m, maybe more though. Id far rather see us spend the money than settle for a cheap loan. Milik sounds like a loan option but I'm not sure he'd be the answer.

Instead of sitting back glorying in our excellent start, which is what it is, we are now worrying that we have drooped a clanger in not signing a recognised striker. Watkins was an absolute bargain for Villa. Who is left we might go for in 24 hours?
I got an email yesterday from an American Turk who watches Chelsea when he is in the UK, and said we have ruined Tosun who he rates as a top striker. He never showed it for us.

The only people worrying are in this forum. Carlo and Marcel aren't worrying. We have a recognised striker in DCL.

Also Watkins was hardly a bargain for a back up striker. He is potentially costing them 33 million. He would be a sub here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back