Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can still trade domestically until the 16th so no need to panic buy. Must be a keeper worth a look as a backup in the Championship? Someone like Rafael who would slot straight in or David Rays Martin who is young enough to be second string for a bit
We have bought our back up keeper
I cannot see us having 4 senior keepers on the books
I think Lossi may go back to Huddersfield

You don't sign a world class keeper at the last minute, a half decent one is unlikely too, expectations are ridiculous. No rival like United or Spurs will do business if they can avoid it.

I reckon it's psychological as much as anything else with Pickford he's a nervous wreck when the ball is near him and allows his concentration to wander too. He has some talent but an awful temperament. A sports psychologist might do him some good and at least with no crowds he won't have the abuse he would have suffered. Thinking they could take a chance on the reserve may get him to concentrate better as he knew before they wouldn't with Lossl or Virginia. He doesn't normally let England down tbf but he knows there that any game could be his last, and alternatives are judged much better by most. Maybe this move, no matter how average Olsen is, could finally help him turn a corner?

... at least with no crowds he won't have the abuse he would have suffered.
An interesting point. I think it can safely be ruled out that shouts from the other side of the fence are having a large influence. I wouldn't, of course, rule it out completely as we're all Human and it can have an affect on anyone but, the mere fact that it's just the players out there, well, I would have thought it'd help. :(

But they wanted United to pay a lot if they didn't buy him also. So thats a no from me
Yeah but a 5m loan deal with a obligation to buy for 50m could be a decent bit of business. That being said could probably take 5m off that by giving them some deadwood and a prospect on loan

An interesting point. I think it can safely be ruled out that shouts from the other side of the fence are having a large influence. I wouldn't, of course, rule it out completely as we're all Human and it can have an affect on anyone but, the mere fact that it's just the players out there, well, I would have thought it'd help. :(

Yes not the major factor at all even if beneficial. He seems to be constantly on edge as if he has to do something exceptional or out if the ordinary to prove himself, his attempt at wrong footing the advancing attacker at Fleetwood instead of putting his boot through it being an example. The truth is he just has to be competent, ordinary would suffice for now, do the basics correctly.

I'm sure the likes of Steve Peters who is with Liverpool would help, he's not the only top one around just someone to change his approach and mentality, to stop him being on pins when the ball is anywhere near.

Think we should use the strategy of Watford.

If some club not taking up the option to buy for our loan players they must pay a big penalty. Do something when you draw up the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back