Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has already been said forget about getting a like for like replacement for a player like James. Never happening.

It’ll be a case of either changing the shape or or putting someone out there who can play as a more traditional RW forward.

Or maybe getting a left footed player in, who is quite creative and makes chances?

Ryan Fraser was near the top of the assists the season before. And I would guess Norwich would be looking for at least 20mil
The difference for me is Fraser got those assists without doing much else. Buendia is a good passer and dribbler outside of those assists so it is at least to me less likely to be flukey.

Price is always an issue but Norwich don't have much of a position to negotiate from at the minute.

Not read back much, but are people forgetting that Richy can be sound on the right too?
He can.

If it was up to me and its not, but if it was up to me I would probably do nothing and pray.

If DCL, Hamez or Rico are injured, we are goosed and nobody, for me, can replace any of them effectively.

But some people seem to think we are light in the positions they play and we are to a degree, whoever we replace them with is a vastly lesser quality.

I think I really cba with cry arses moaning when we have to play a lesser player due to injury, they wont realise that none of those players are replaceable, they will just bump the Brands thread and call him a clown.

No team in world football can cope with losing their 3 best players.

The difference for me is Fraser got those assists without doing much else. Buendia is a good passer and dribbler outside of those assists so it is at least to me less likely to be flukey.

Price is always an issue but Norwich don't have much of a position to negotiate from at the minute.
Personally I think it would be a waste of money. For a back up. I would rather pay double for Sarr or someone of similar profile

Personally I think it would be a waste of money. For a back up. I would rather pay double for Sarr or someone of similar profile
You don't pay 40m for a back up tho.

Thats the problem, you buy somebody like Sarr you don't stick on the bench.

Of course we will get injuries and he will get games, but in an ideal world Hamez plays 38 games and he kisses pine.

Planning for injuries is 1 thing, but are we really in a position to pay 40m for a back up?

Sarr would force us to complete redo our set up when we don't play James. I don't know that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it is how it would have to go.

He can.

If it was up to me and its not, but if it was up to me I would probably do nothing and pray.

If DCL, Hamez or Rico are injured, we are goosed and nobody, for me, can replace any of them effectively.

But some people seem to think we are light in the positions they play and we are to a degree, whoever we replace them with is a vastly lesser quality.

I think I really cba with cry arses moaning when we have to play a lesser player due to injury, they wont realise that none of those players are replaceable, they will just bump the Brands thread and call him a clown.

I said the other day. And I know this is not an easy thing to do. But I wouid have sold Bernard, iwobi, bolasie Abd Walcott.

And paid 50mil for another attacker at a similar level to our front 3. Wouid be better to have 4 very good players for 3 positions. Than 3 Very good and 3 average.

I said the other day. And I know this is not an easy thing to do. But I wouid have sold Bernard, iwobi, bolasie Abd Walcott.

And paid 50mil for another attacker at a similar level to our front 3. Wouid be better to have 4 very good players for 3 positions. Than 3 Very good and 3 average.
Well yes, that would have been the better plan, but sadly all of those are currently still here.

Sarr would force us to complete redo our set up when we don't play James. I don't know that it is necessarily a bad thing, but it is how it would have to go.
But you we are never getting a replacement similar to James. Iwobi on the other side is probably the only player who can drift in off the flank and play nice forward passes

so just flip the the whole thing round and play Sarr/Richarlison on the right. I think Sarr is probably capable of play on the left and through the middle.

I like Brooks from Bournemouth, but he does seem very right sided

But you we are never getting a replacement similar to James. Iwobi on the other side is probably the only player who can drift in off the flank and play nice forward passes

so just flip the the whole thing round and play Sarr/Richarlison on the right. I think Sarr is probably capable of play on the left and through the middle.

I like Brooks from Bournemouth, but he does seem very right sided
But Buendia can also drift inside and play nice forward passes. Better than Iwobi imo. And he does it from the same side.

He can.

We've got the options to get us through the next 13 games, imo. If we have an injury crisis,we can deal with it then.

Maybe we've just done the best we can in this window. Nobody seriously expected us to sort the squad out and be challenging the top 4 a few months ago. But now it's ' this is gonna cost us top 4. should have lobbed more money at it'

Like spoiled kids.

But Buendia can also drift inside and play nice forward passes. Better than Iwobi imo. And he does it from the same side.
You really are hard work. So you wouid be happy fir us paying 20/25 mil for him and paying him probably another 15mil in salary over 5 yrs for a squad player. When that money could be put the much better use.

like I’ve said he’s still at Norwich mate. That speaks Volumes, to what all the prem teams think of him
Not good enough

You really are hard work. So you wouid be happy fir us paying 20/25 mil for him and paying him probably another 15mil in salary over 5 yrs for a squad player. When that money could be put the much better use.

like I’ve said he’s still at Norwich mate. That speaks Volumes, to what all the prem teams think of him
Not good enough
25m would be too much. But I think he is really talented so I don't see him as just a squad player necessarily especially if we are playing in Europe and need actual talent to come into the team.

I also don't think 25m is the price at the minute so that's why I'm not really concerned about the money.

Also clubs get things wrong. All the "bigger" clubs thought James Rodriguez was no good anymore for example.

We have only been tenuously linked, but you have to think that we are inquiring with Watford on Sarr. We have absolutely no speed outside of DCL, Rich and Gordon. Throw in a loan offer with either a higher than normal loan fee or a slightly over market buy option and hope he forces a move. Personally I think United won't go back in, so if Watford are open to that type of deal I could it happening. Not sure Watford have much incentive for that, but worth a shot.

Move Besic, Bolasie and Lossl on loan (even with subsidized wages) and we'll have paid for the loan.
I think Sarr would be a good signing but I dont think he would even consider coming here unless he was more less guaranteed as a starter.
I dont see how he gets into our front 3 of Rhichalisan DCL.and James.
Yes James could takes Gomes place but I think and far more importantly it looks like Carlo thinks that makes us less effective as a team.
That is the reason I would prefer Zaha to Sarr ( ain't happening obviously) because he can rotate with any of the front 3 with no significant drop in quality whereas Sarr only plays wide and whilst he has decent potential isnt ( yet) at Zahas level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back