Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither are good enough.m for Everton.
Great shame that we couldn't get the deal done with Roma for 7 mill
Buendia would cost little, have low wages, has some track record of performing in the PL (he was tied for 11th most assists last year in by far the worst team of those that high up) and is fairly young. It is essentially risk free and his ability to play the RW in a somewhat similar manner to James (obviously not as good) is potentially very useful.

The problem of course is we are too stocked in this position already.

I mean, they are not similar abilities by any stretch, but both are left footed, creative players. I'm not sure a striker is necessarily the best like for like back up for James.
We wont get a like for like back up for James. He is a genius , a one off.
If he is unavailable we will just have to be more workmanlike.
We can still win matches without him but it will be harder

Buendia would cost little, have low wages, has some track record of performing in the PL (he was tied for 11th most assists last year in by far the worst team of those that high up) and is fairly young. It is essentially risk free and his ability to play the RW in a somewhat similar manner to James (obviously not as good) is potentially very useful.

I'm not sure we do have lots of left footed players who are comfortable operating on the right.

At this point he isn't good enough for me sadly.

Cracking little player with magic in his boots, but sadly doesn't affect games enough to warrant a place in the side.

Capable of moments of quality, but not enough for what we need.

Do you think he can improve to be good enough? Playing centrally with more powerful players around him?

We wont get a like for like back up for James. He is a genius , a one off.
If he is unavailable we will just have to be more workmanlike.
We can still win matches without him but it will be harder

Yes I'd certainly go along with that. However people have raised the question of what we do for a backup down the right, and at least stylistically Buendia seems to fit the bill more than King. I'm not anti-King either.

The real problem is that he just isnt good enough.

Buendia’s level is the Championship as he proved with aplomb last season. In terms of ability and quality he’s not fit to lace Bernard’s boots, and as for being a backup for James just lol

Yes. But we still need some sort of backup in that position, you would think?
Yes for sure, other than Hamez we have nobody else who can play there, comfortably, or rather we have nobody who has played there for any real period of time, from what I can see.

But for me its the same up top, which is why I would prefer somebody like Josh King, who can play all across the front.

Now granted even Josh King hasn't played RW much either, but he solves our issues more than somebody who only really plays 1 position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back