Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be a good signing. I wonder if Buendia could be an option, if nobody else moves for him? Could end up getting him relatively cheap, especially if he wants out, and he is similarin style to James.
Similar to James? Pffftt
One is a world class player and the other is a journeyman who was out of his depth in the premier league.

You're right about Buendia he doesn't have goals in his game currently. But last year his forward passing and creativity rivaled the very top players in the league in that role. In our team where we have guys like DCL and Richarlison he'd be very useful. The problem of course is although he is better than Bernard they are too similar to have both in the squad and we won't be moving Bernard on now. Still if we think Gordon is better off on loan I'd like to see Buendia in.
I just don’t think it’s what we need.
Maybe he could play in the 10role, but it doesn’t look like we are going in that direction. And when you see how reluctantly Ancelotti is, to even give Bernard a game off the bench, I’m not sure he’s the type player Ancelotti wants either.

james is different, because he’s world class and on a completely different level to Buendia.

it’s interesting that for a player witt the stats you’ve mentioned. Nobody has touched him From the premier league.

I just don’t think it’s what we need.
Maybe he could play in the 10role, but it doesn’t look like we are going in that direction. And when you see how reluctantly Ancelotti is, to even give Bernard a game off the bench, I’m not sure he’s the type player Ancelotti wants either.

james is different, because he’s world class and on a completely different level to Buendia.

it’s interesting that for a player witt the stats you’ve mentioned. Nobody has touched him From the premier league.
Buendia played off the right last year so he'd actually be excellent backup to James.

I find it weird that no one wants him either. It happens though, teams see players as not fitting for some reason.

sorry I’m not having him. And thats like saying bolasie is excellent back up to Richarlison
I'm not saying it wouldn't be a drop off. I'm saying that we could play relatively similar if he was coming in on the right where currently we'd either have to use Iwobi who looks uncomfortable on that side, Bernard who isn't that good or Gordon/Richarlison which totally changes the style. I think that would be useful to have.

Similar to James? Pffftt
One is a world class player and the other is a journeyman who was out of his depth in the premier league.

I mean, they are not similar abilities by any stretch, but both are left footed, creative players. I'm not sure a striker is necessarily the best like for like back up for James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back