Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson would be Man Utd's keeper if they didn't have one who is arguably the best in the world. He's been a good player for many years now and has proved it is real in his first top flight season.

Using an error to disparage a keeper in defense of Pickford is an interesting strategy.
I dont believe I mentioned Pickford.
You mentioned about how good the Sheffield Utd keeper is, I simply pointed out that he isn't their player and pointed also a huge gaffe he made as all keepers do, something people would do well to remember.

I dont believe I mentioned Pickford.
You mentioned about how good the Sheffield Utd keeper is, I simply pointed out that he isn't their player and pointed also a huge gaffe he made as all keepers do, something people would do well to remember.
Even with that error he's been one of the best keepers in the league, something I don't think you're disputing (?) so I'm a bit confused to be honest.

And as he is currently playing for Sheffield United, they have a better keeper than us.

...he looks very good, got their player of the month award in March. Can’t imagine we’d buy him and Gabrielle.

...we were linked but it would be strange if we got him as well as Gabrielle. I dare say he‘s been watched plenty if we’ve been keeping an eye on Kenny.
How reliable are Sport? If we are going for this lad and Gabriel then that means either Keane getting shifted or Holgate possibly transitioning into a DM
Todibo not a priority if Gabriel coming in but if he's chesp enough then maybe club sees a good opportunity.
....like Gabriel, he’s the type of defender we need. They could form an amazing partnership but it would have to mean a clear-out.
The form of Mina and Holgate really hasn't been good enough to suggest that signing two CBs is out of line. I'd probably spread the resources around but you have to make the deals that are there.
this lad started off as defensive midfielder before going to cb ;-) His favourite player apparently was Pirlo
Maybe its for this reason we are looking at him then? Gbamin has bad injury and if this lad can play both positions well then males him more appealing.
Brands been watching him for a long while too so think last year it was about 35 million Barca were quoting as selling price? Maybe nice option for going 3 at back too as his good passing too ?
I've allowed my head to wander, but wouldn't Gabriel, Tobido, James, Allan be a transfer window!!

Ship out Keane then have four great CB options (Holgate, Gabriel, Tobido, Mina, Gibson, Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Baines)

Ship out Gylfi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Davies (Allan, James, Gomes, Gbamin, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gordon key mids. Holgate and Tobido also DM cover)

Add one more striker to assist Richie, DCL, Kean (ship out Niasse, Tosun)

Possibly need some more support at RB and RM, but bloody hell wouldn't that lift us.

*violently shakes himself out of it
Reminds me a bit of John Stones or how Joe Gomez looked at youth football.

I suspect the 20m will be negotiated down quite a bit I'm afraid mate. Why don't Barcelona just give this guy a run?

Devils advocate here. Keane is on the way out, maybe they have a buyer identified (or more than 1 showing strong interest). In that instance both Todibo and Gabriel can play in midfield too. Holgate can as well, or even at right back. It may be that he is going cheaply, and its just too good a deal to miss out on.

The issue I have, is will he get game time? That's the one issue, as players need to play to progress. Will he come to be 4th choice?

It would be great long term planning to get them both. I also think Holgate is a star in the making and could be a solid fullback. As you say, he plays like he means it.
Tobido in!

If we signed both Todibo + Gabriel then i imagine it would mean:

Keane: Sold / Gibson: Loan

Gabriel / Holgate / Todibo / Mina

Also remember the formation/tactics Ancelotti used with Coleman at right back then coming across to make a 3 ?

That could be a position where both Holgate + Todibo feature.

Ancelotti also loves to rotate it seems...and i dont think either Keane or Mina are safe...just Holgate.

In theory also we could move on Mina + Keane for around the same fees we would be paying for Todibo and Gabriel + then have Gibson as 4th choice.

If we signed both Todibo + Gabriel then i imagine it would mean:

Keane: Sold / Gibson: Loan

Gabriel / Holgate / Todibo / Mina

Also remember the formation/tactics Ancelotti used with Coleman at right back then coming across to make a 3 ?

That could be a position where both Holgate + Todibo feature.

Ancelotti also loves to rotate it seems...and i dont think either Keane or Mina are safe...just Holgate.

In theory also we could move on Mina + Keane for around the same fees we would be paying for Todibo and Gabriel + then have Gibson as 4th choice.
This only really lasted for about one game and maybe a quarter or so of another. Since then it has been all 4-4-2. Just pointing that out.

Also none of the defenders are safe. You can't always blame the midfield even if they do stink.

This only really lasted for about one game and maybe a quarter or so of another. Since then it has been all 4-4-2. Just pointing that out.

Was only a couple of games perhaps because Coleman rather than Sidibe played.

Hopefully we pull the trigger on both Todibo and Gabriel to kick things off on the transfer front.

Was only a couple of games perhaps because Coleman rather than Sidibe played.

Hopefully we pull the trigger on both Todibo and Gabriel to kick things off on the transfer front.
It's not like he couldn't have gone back to it. Clearly a decision not to.

It's not like he couldn't have gone back to it. Clearly a decision not to.

Well Coleman isnt good anymore and Sidibe cant defend so probably decided to keep things simple.

Doesnt mean he woulnt go back to it with Holgate/Todibo on the right.

A three of Holgate--Todibo--Gabriel is very dynamic with Digne on the left of them.

Well Coleman isnt good anymore and Sidibe cant defend so probably decided to keep things simple.

Doesnt mean he woulnt go back to it with Holgate/Todibo on the right.

A three of Holgate--Todibo--Gabriel is very dynamic with Digne on the left of them.
So Holgate is playing RB? I'd rather we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back