Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t listen to this odd fellow. Gets kicks out of making stuff up to make him look important.

Listen lad @Raino85 is a top Weasel. The Index is kind to him

I personally think we should always be trying to pick up at least one free and one loan signing each window until the squad is top 4. Just makes too much sense to save finances to instead put into 2-3 top players each summer. For 80 million you can either get four 20 million players, or two 40 million players, one loanee and one free to fill a gap. Sometimes thats a Bernard who is in their prime(and is what teams like Juve and PSG do) and can immediately start or be a squad player. Sometimes thats a Thiago Silva who can be a stop gap for 2 years. Sell Keane for 20 million and sign Silva for free to free up even more cash for the midfield.

I do wonder how much Upamecano would go for with 1 year left. I doubt we would even be in the running but still, he's pretty boss.
He does one incredibly dumb thing a game at least, usually leading to a goal. That's what I've noticed watching RBL the last month or so.

He's, what, 21? He's REALLY good for that age since most need more time. Plus, this isn't even footy, it's just ~25 people having a kickabout.
His potential is huge but he reminds me of Stones or David Luiz in that he is only getting there if he cuts the mistakes out and I don't know what makes that happen. For the price that RBL will demand it wouldn't be the move for me, nor do I think there is any prayer of him wanting to step out of the CL to play for us.

Also I'm not sure why this idea that these games aren't real, high level matches is so popular, but watch the highlights of what we did at Goodison yesterday and any of the real Bundesliga games. Only one is a "kickabout."

I personally think we should always be trying to pick up at least one free and one loan signing each window until the squad is top 4. Just makes too much sense to save finances to instead put into 2-3 top players each summer. For 80 million you can either get four 20 million players, or two 40 million players, one loanee and one free to fill a gap. Sometimes thats a Bernard who is in their prime(and is what teams like Juve and PSG do) and can immediately start or be a squad player. Sometimes thats a Thiago Silva who can be a stop gap for 2 years. Sell Keane for 20 million and sign Silva for free to free up even more cash for the midfield.

Personally think Silva will be an expensive mistake wage wise.

Sangare for me would fit the bill - right age, good potential and pedigree and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Him/Allan and Rabiot would be a step in the right direction. This bloke from Southampton doesn't exactly fill me with dreams of breaking the top 6.

I also dont think we will be getting Silva - bloke sounds like he still wants regular game time and I doubt he'll get that here considering his age.

Don't want a player from Southampton but you want a player playing for the side who finished bottom of the French league?

Van Dijk and Mane weren't the world beaters they are now when they were at Southampton and look how they turned out.. Hojbjerg is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back