Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels to me like a Moshiri signing ‘just get me a star name Carlo’. If he was 30 then yes, but 35 and completely unproven in the premier league. He’s been strolling round in Serie A and Ligue une his whole career surrounded by the best players in the best team facing relatively poor teams. He’s going to find himself between Pickford, Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman with Siggurdson and Tom Davies ‘protecting’ him and he’ll be up against the likes of Sterling Rashford Kane Aguero etc.
With Holgate, Gibson, Branthwaite and maybe another young CB incoming like Gabriel or Todibo I could see him being a good influence on them on a 1 or 2 year deal. If you think about it we really lack a CB with experience - our oldest is Keane at 27.

Silva links if true strike me as a season fix to deal with the financial consequences of Covid. Id say we had earmarked a center half, but are trying to look at cost effective alternatives and prioritise central midfield and the right flank with whatever money we have. Silva comes in for the season, we get another year in the legs and development of Gibson and Brantwaite and reevaluate next summer. The next likely cost saving solution is to look at something like a Zouma loan, i do however remember we paid something stupid like 7 mill for the year he was here.

about Sliva, I don’t really have a strong feelings either way about him. But that being said I don’t know why but if I am supporting a team with a Brazilian defender in it, it always make me nervous. I always see them as fantastic going forward but lacking in the defensive side of the game.

I always felt thiago silva was a bit of an exception to that rule, he's not exactly david luiz.

The rumour was PSG had offered him 85k a week. The only thing I can think is if money is tight, maybe keeping Kenny( unless we get a good offer) silva on a free. And use what money we can to concentrate on 2 midfielders and a new attacker.
This is surprising if true, I guess I assumed because he’s such a big name and it’s PSG it would be ludicrous. Of course, whenever you sign someone on a free, the wages tend to be higher so let’s hope we can avoid that pitfall. I’d love to see it to be fair

With Holgate, Gibson, Branthwaite and maybe another young CB incoming like Gabriel or Todibo I could see him being a good influence on them on a 1 or 2 year deal. If you think about it we really lack a CB with experience - our oldest is Keane at 27.
I have seen Todibo 3 times in the last few weeks and to be honest he has not impressed me, I would go all out for Gabriel if it was my decision.

Everyone focusing on silvas age...
Some of the best signings we've made have been in the twilight of their careers,
Gough, Martyn etc
It's always good to have actual winners (as in not Delph) around the squad to help improve the young lads

Some of the best signings we've made have been in the twilight of their careers,
Gough, Martyn etc
It's always good to have actual winners (as in not Delph) around the squad to help improve the young lads
I just don't see how he could possibly go from the career he has had to Everton and still have the same desire to win. It just reeks of one last pay day.

I don't know if its due to been in lockdown since February and not having to actually watch a lot of football so I did'nt fall bak into the true reality of the giant mess we were in but am feeling really cool about the upcoming transfer window which is starting after end of Premiership so in August or something?

Already with Carlo and Brands, the standard of players we ve been linked to are far superior to the mediocrity of the Danny Ings and Adam lallana crap all over the Premiership ;-)
The Youth development dude from derby has started too and we ve gutted the U23 and younger teams unlike we never did ;-)
We ve the Naisse, Cuco Martinez, Garbutts and Stekelenburg all out of contract and then the likesof Holtby and Schneiderlin already reported out the door:-) 6 or 7 more like that of the current out of loan guys and move a few of the other Keane and Glyffi off and the squad size is reduced nicely and wages improved ;-)

We ve been linked with Gabriel/Todibo and even Thiago Silva, so for media alone, rather than paying Chelsea 6 or 7 million for a loan of Zouma, get Carlo to tell Silva, wages at 75 grand but here s a 4 million signing on fee and you play big brother for the crop of great young centre backs we have ;-)

Midfield, lets presume its 2 in so all the players we ve been linked with are superior to what we have despite some never playing in UK which people are using as excuses to sign Premiership donkeys we ve signed enough of already ;-( Rabiot/Allan with the younger dutch lad or the Senegalese/Ghanian lad Kudus? who s playing in Scandinavia?

Right wing go for Denis Bouanga from St Etienne for 13 or 14 million

Who knows to add to strikers either?

Its going to be fun and really interesting seeing what happens , especially with youth players on shopping list too ;-)

Gough, Martyn etc
Bit of a stretch to say they were among the best signings we’ve made really. This would fall very much into the bracket Being talked about last week for me; fine if you’re trying to make a big push for the top 4 next season and think he’s got the quality to get you there, but a bit pointless when you’re where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back