Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I suspect Lockdown will have a more significant impact on the market than most of us thought. Many deals might have been thrashed out months ago but are not happening now.

The asking price for CB targets might now be in excess of what we are prepared to pay, so short-term capture of Silva might be seen as the way to go.

It could go either way. Teams don't have the money to pay what they were willing to pay a couple of months ago, similarly some clubs need the money due to the impact Covid and lockdown has had on their finances so might need to drop asking prices substantially.

I think a player with his pedigree and quality would expect to be a starter for the majority of games mate. If we couldn't give him that guarantee then there will be bigger and better clubs than us out there who would.
Can't see it then unless Carl can sweet talk him. Tbf if we can't spend on a Gabriel or whoever then it's a decent option he will have a winners mentality too. I am just not sure at 35/36 if he could play every week myself.

Gabriel still on?

Nar the rumours died a death regarding him.

Linked today with Thiago Silva again, some reports saying we have offered 1 year deal with a 2nd year if he plays enough games and triggers a clause. It is believed West Ham and Wolves are also interested.

Also linked with right winger playing in France, Denis Bouanga, hes 25, has scored 12 and 5 assists this season in France, believed to be available for £12m, a few clubs in France and Italy have also been linked.

linked again with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton, he is going into the last year of his contract, Southampton want £35m for him, which I think if far too much for a player with 1 year to go, that suggests that they would be asking for £50m if he had 2 years or more remaining. given he has 1 year and we are probably operating in a fallen market, I would expect we should be paying around £15m for him
Really am into the idea of Hojbjierg joining but fully agree 35m seems high if he’s not planning to sign an extension there. I’d go up to 25m though, assuming the market is somewhat stable. Think he’s a quality player and would pair well with Gomes.

Can we finally put this one to bed now please.

08993A4C-D75C-461E-974F-E2B8124729C4.webp

Really am into the idea of Hojbjierg joining but fully agree 35m seems high if he’s not planning to sign an extension there. I’d go up to 25m though, assuming the market is somewhat stable. Think he’s a quality player and would pair well with Gomes.
No way they get 25. With the window possibly still open till September 30th. He’d only have to wait 3 months and can sign a pre contract and go for nothing (abroad)

He’s made it clear he’s not signing a new deal. So it will be a last day deal I would imagine for 15mil

....I suspect Lockdown will have a more significant impact on the market than most of us thought. Many deals might have been thrashed out months ago but are not happening now.

The asking price for CB targets might now be in excess of what we are prepared to pay, so short-term capture of Silva might be seen as the way to go.

The other aspect of this, is maybe a Thiago Silva has come into our radar where it may not have been possible 3 months ago. Likely PSG just renew his deal, or if he goes a whole host of tops teams willing to match his deal are there. Suddenly with a lot of them ducking out, for a mixture of financial reasons and also different priorities, and suddenly he's probably more open to Everton and perhaps at lower wages than initially thought.

It could very easily have been a conversation that we have 3 cb's between the age of 23-26. We have 2 young CB's who look promising (Gibson/Braithwaite) and so the question may have been who has the biggest impact over the next 12 months. Hard to argue against Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back