Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho without Klopp’s juice hasn’t really done anything anywhere he’s been. Gone from a squad player unwanted at Inter to one of the best players in the world and now dropped down to struggling to make the Brazil squad again. His world beating form timed coincidentally with the period he was at Liverpool under Klopp. Bit like Emre Can.

Coutinho without Klopp’s juice hasn’t really done anything anywhere he’s been. Gone from a squad player unwanted at Inter to one of the best players in the world and now dropped down to struggling to make the Brazil squad again. His world beating form timed coincidentally with the period he was at Liverpool under Klopp. Bit like Emre Can.
I feel he'd be a terrible signing, hasn't done anything since Liverpool. I couldn't believe Barcelona paid the fee they did at the time, he was a good player and scored great goals but that was it.

He would be exactly the same as Sigurdsson, he would slightly improve our left hand side, but we'd be paying a load for him then in a few years trying to get him off the books with his high salary and making a heavy loss, we can't do that again.

Can't see it happening at all

Well to be fair to the kid, he can flat out ball. He maybe has struggled a bit the last 2 season or so due to coaching changes and the chance to not have a "free roam" position. Here are the numbers for his "struggle"..

2013–2018Liverpool152(41)
2018–Barcelona52(13)
2019–2020Bayern Munich (loan)22(8)
The number on the right is the goals. He is technically still on place with his liverpool form.And 19 assist to go along with the goals outside of Liverpool. He would come into our team and easily improve us. The issue would be the wages he would demand

No need to i suppose.
I think we will be doing a fair bit of business while most wont and with the pandemic hitting football in a big way and ffp being postponed til next season it makes sense to be doing your business in an undisclosed way.
Some clubs are making massive cutbacks due to loss of revenue. , it wouldnt look too good if we were seen to be splashing the cash .
Just my take on it tho fwiw.

I don't think it would be fair to say he's failed at Barca and Bayern. They're two clubs who demand so much from players, you need to be world-class every game to make it at those giants. Gomes and Digne failed at Barca to a bigger degree than Coutinho has. Aged 28 should now be in his prime, just needs to be settled somewhere and has proven PL experience.. no brainer for me.

Well to be fair to the kid, he can flat out ball. He maybe has struggled a bit the last 2 season or so due to coaching changes and the chance to not have a "free roam" position. Here are the numbers for his "struggle"..

2018–Barcelona52(13)
The number on the right is the goals. He is technically still on place with his liverpool form.And 19 assist to go along with the goals outside of Liverpool. He would come into our team and easily improve us. The issue would be the wages he would demand

He’s getting those numbers at Barca and Bayern though where let’s face it they come up against teams absolutely miles below them all the time and you’ve got Messi or Lewandowski teeing you up.

I’ve no doubt he’s a very good player but can imagine him, in our 442 looking like he did at Liverpool pre Klopp. If it’s a loan deal then fine but if we pay out serious money you’ve got to ensure he’s 100% behind the cause.

Emre Can was never a world beater and it still baffles me so many people bought in that he was

2018–Barcelona52(13)

Those are average assist stats when you think he's feeding messi, suarez, rodriguez, perisic, lewandowski, muller etc. Especially when you consider the protection behind and the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back