Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
4/5 first teamers are needed
I'm not sure Matty

To plagiarise @Zatara and his line up posts:

Pickford

Kenny / Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne

NEW RM - Gomes - Gbamin (trusting Brands) - Bernard / Iwobi

Richarlison - DCL

I can't see where these 4 or 5 first teamers are required?

I'd like Ake, personally think he's ace.

RM, no idea. Can't think of many in the PL although Ryan Fraser is available on a free I think in the summer.

I don't think we require the major surgery people are suggesting. Think it's 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe a Fraser-type signing.

Richard Gough David Weir ,Paul Power , Andy Gray , Peter Reid , Louie Saha ...plenty of them.
Some of those fit. Power, maybe Saha, Weir I guess. But Reid and Grey were 26 and 28. We're talking about in reference to Willian who is 32.

Even still if the number is 5 or 6 in 35 years, it probably isn't the soundest team building strategy.

Don't see us bringing in a keeper - not a priority.

Would like to see three players max for the first team - CB, RB, CM.

We need additional quality in those areas. Anything else should be to plug squad gaps.

Steklenberg is off in the summer, so we need some sort of keeper in, even if its 2nd choice. I also think we need CB and CM think we will sign Sidibe, but RW is a must for me.

Can't see it being many signings this summer. FFP may dictate that we need to move players on before investing heavily.

I also think people are equating improvement to having better players. There is obviously some truth in that but what's more important for me is a summer for Carlo to truly implement his strategy. He has training every week but a lot of that is prep for particular games. Pre-season will give him and the coaching staff extended time to drill into the players the way they want to play. That plus the ability of players to improve could give us an uplift without signings. What I would add is that 2 or 3 key signings could be all that's needed to see a big improvement. Signings that fill a current squad gap or add a player who is better suited to carrying out the role required in Carlo's tactical set up.

Good manager's get more out of average to good players than poor managers do. We should expect this from Carlo over the next 12-18 months and for this to be supplemented with a few key signings. We do that and we'll be set for a Top 6 challenge. I think next year that challenge might be more difficult as Arsenal, Spurs, United and Chelsea improve and City, Leicester and RS revert back to the mean.

I'm not sure Matty

To plagiarise @Zatara and his line up posts:

Pickford

Kenny / Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne

NEW RM - Gomes - Gbamin (trusting Brands) - Bernard / Iwobi

Richarlison - DCL

I can't see where these 4 or 5 first teamers are required?

I'd like Ake, personally think he's ace.

RM, no idea. Can't think of many in the PL although Ryan Fraser is available on a free I think in the summer.

I don't think we require the major surgery people are suggesting. Think it's 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe a Fraser-type signing.

I think some of it will be decided on who we can sell as well, for example if we can offload Sigurdsson or Schniederlin, then we might sign 2 CM, instead of 1 and if we find a taker for Walcott, we might get 2 RW. But I would be surprised if we get them out the door, they are in too much money here

Can't see it being many signings this summer. FFP may dictate that we need to move players on before investing heavily.

I also think people are equating improvement to having better players. There is obviously some truth in that but what's more important for me is a summer for Carlo to truly implement his strategy. He has training every week but a lot of that is prep for particular games. Pre-season will give him and the coaching staff extended time to drill into the players the way they want to play. That plus the ability of players to improve could give us an uplift without signings. What I would add is that 2 or 3 key signings could be all that's needed to see a big improvement. Signings that fill a current squad gap or add a player who is better suited to carrying out the role required in Carlo's tactical set up.

Good manager's get more out of average to good players than poor managers do. We should expect this from Carlo over the next 12-18 months and for this to be supplemented with a few key signings. We do that and we'll be set for a Top 6 challenge. I think next year that challenge might be more difficult as Arsenal, Spurs, United and Chelsea improve and City, Leicester and RS revert back to the mean.
A good manager can improve players, but they can't work miracles. This squad is lacking in quite a few areas, I'm not sure just better coaching can fix those issues. I'd say we need 3/4 key players, and probably 2/3 squad players, depending on outgoings, if we seriously want to challenge the top 6.

FFP will not be an issue this summer
Carlo Ancellotti did not come here on a promise of sell to buy
Neither did he come with a cloth and a tin of pledge to polish turds

Carlo will fulfill his and our destiny chill mate.

Right winger is numero uno priority, You can tell when Walcott plays well we look so much more dangerous, Get a nice young speedy winger
CM - 100% Delph/Davies(sometimes)/Morgan/Gylfi not up to the task, You can get away with using one of the players if the main midfielder is injured but yeah we need one CM badly probably another on loan.
RB - obvious one depending on what we do with Sidibie.
CB - It's needed but I personally would be quite happy to keep trucking with Mina and Holgate as our pairing..
I would be happy with that for our summer bidness and about 15 outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back