Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Matty

To plagiarise @Zatara and his line up posts:

Pickford

Kenny / Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne

NEW RM - Gomes - Gbamin (trusting Brands) - Bernard / Iwobi

Richarlison - DCL

I can't see where these 4 or 5 first teamers are required?

I'd like Ake, personally think he's ace.

RM, no idea. Can't think of many in the PL although Ryan Fraser is available on a free I think in the summer.

I don't think we require the major surgery people are suggesting. Think it's 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe a Fraser-type signing.

Everton's ambition is to break into the top 4.

Just a new RW would not go anywhere close to being enough to achieve that ambition.

I'm not saying that it should be done in 1 transfer window but IMO to transform the side we need a new GK , RB , CH , RW , CM and probably CF.

Pickford , Coleman / Kenny , Mina , Gbamin ( who knows ) , Walcott and maybe DCL are perhaps not good enough to take us to the next level.

With the exception of Theo ( who was just a bad , panic signing and Coleman who is over the hill ) none of those players are terrible and are very good squad players but probably not at elite level.

Everton's ambition is to break into the top 4.

Just a new RW would not go anywhere close to being enough to achieve that ambition.

I'm not saying that it should be done in 1 transfer window but IMO to transform the side we need a new GK , RB , CH , RW , CM and probably CF.

Pickford , Coleman / Kenny , Mina , Gbamin ( who knows ) , Walcott and maybe DCL are perhaps not good enough to take us to the next level.

With the exception of Theo ( who was just a bad , panic signing and Coleman who is over the hill ) none of those players are terrible and are very good squad players but probably not at elite level.
I'm very confused by that list of players. Why is Dom included with Pickford and Kenny?

I doubt we will sell Ricarlison this season ,although I agree he will go at some point
I doubt Carlo will agree to sell our best player while he is trying to build something here.
The money will come from another Usmanov source ,probably through Shirt sponsorship
Agree on the tactic of signing players that previous moves have not worked out,however the Napoli owner De Laurentis is known to be an oddball and I cant see a loan being accepable for Lozano.
They will want to recoup their money plus he plays on the left and we have a more urgent need on the right wing

I think we have a chance re Lozano, because ultimately he's flopped and the are looking to flip players. They view him how we view Walcott or whatever. Even if it was a sale, we probably get him for 20% off (the amortisation drop) wha they paid for him. That will be a lot more than we were quoted (probably £45million with English tax). I can see 28-30m being a lot more enticing.

I thought he could play down the right as a right footed winger?

I'm very confused by that list of players. Why is Dom included with Pickford and Kenny?
Because , ultimately , I am not convinced that he is good enough to be centre forward in a top 4 team.

That is not to say that he doesn't have quality and that he would be an excellent squad player for the very best teams

Would 100% rather Mertens than Lozano.

Even if Mertens signed on a 2 year deal for the nominal fee it would cost it would be money well spent if he helped us get back into europe where we can sign his long term successor the season after.

Regarding the CM position in the summer - I would keep Gomes & Gbamin, sign 1 top quality CM and have Schneiderlin as our 4th choice CM to run out his final 12 months.

Sell Siggurdsson & Davies, let Baines leave and have Delph as our back up LB.

I think we have a chance re Lozano, because ultimately he's flopped and the are looking to flip players. They view him how we view Walcott or whatever. Even if it was a sale, we probably get him for 20% off (the amortisation drop) wha they paid for him. That will be a lot more than we were quoted (probably £45million with English tax). I can see 28-30m being a lot more enticing.

I thought he could play down the right as a right footed winger?
Maybe he can but I thought left footed right wingers were all the rage these days
Inverted wingers is the fancy name, although I prefer my wingers with chalk on their boots ala Dave Thomas

Because , ultimately , I am not convinced that he is good enough to be centre forward in a top 4 team.

That is not to say that he doesn't have quality and that he would be an excellent squad player for the very best teams
Then you might as well put the entire squad bar Richarlison and maybe Digne on the list. Which is fair honestly, but if DCL is on it has to be much much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back