Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this myth that Davies is a good squad player/might kick on come from?

He offers nothing. Has shown no improvement in 100 appearances. Yet people still say things like "just needs consistency to his game" etc... Baffling.

From what you've said I think we'll disagree, but I think he's been the best of a poor bunch in midfield since the restart (apart from Gordon who looks brilliant).

We aren't exactly going to buy 8 midfielders this window and when you consider his lower wages I'd keep him over most of them.

He has much higher upside than the others too.

Says something when a 19 year old is coming on as a winger and ends up playing CM and shows senior players how to play. He played better in a cameo then they have all season.

For me the list to go is:
Pickford always makes mistakes and he set the tone for that with trying to catch a ball going well wide within 2 minutes of the game starting.

Bernard I think will go which is decent money as he was free so make 100% profit plus hasn't done enough since being here.

Delph just because he's a nob!

Sigurdsson because he is awful and I've never seen a professional footballer pull out of a challenge absolute fanny behaviour. Wont make our money back but 15m maybe and his wages gone.
For Siggy, I think we could get 15mil, but have to imagine no one is paying those wages. He’ll be hard to offload.

From what you've said I think we'll disagree, but I think he's been the best of a poor bunch in midfield since the restart (apart from Gordon who looks brilliant).

We aren't exactly going to buy 8 midfielders this window and when you consider his lower wages I'd keep him over most of them.

He has much higher upside than the others too.
Only player on the team weaker than Bernard just falls over most of the time. Which would be fine if we were a top 6 club but we aren't so refs just play on and we lose the ball.

It is possible to go a long way with it. Atletico haven't finished below 3rd and have made a couple of CL finals doing it, but God is it going to be dull. And that's fine on some level if it works, but with the attacking talent on display at other clubs I find it hard to believe we will be in the CL scoring 60 goals.
I know that you are not a fan of 4-4-2 but I can't see Carlo changing his view that it is the optimum shape.
None of Carlo's previous teams that have won plenty of trophies have been remotely boring or unattractive.
So give Carlo the tools ( good players ) and he will supply a winning team.

It is possible to go a long way with it. Atletico haven't finished below 3rd and have made a couple of CL finals doing it, but God is it going to be dull. And that's fine on some level if it works, but with the attacking talent on display at other clubs I find it hard to believe we will be in the CL scoring 60 goals.

If 2 full backs slot 5 each + our centre backs score 5 combined thats 15 goals.

Our RW 10 + 2 CF 15 each thats 55 already without LM or CM.

Why do you think its dull to play like Atletico? Some of the best games ive seen were 90s italian matches with fantastic defenders.

Love it.

Yeah i agree. I mean even more than that though really. Like if we're happy to finish 8th for a couple of years then signing Digne, Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi etc was pointless. Kenny, Baines, Tosun, Bolasie et al could get you upper mid table in this league if you just play basic safety first football. I mean, they literally did two years ago.

Were not happy to finish 8th though. Thats why weve spend a lot of money + swapped managers and DOFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back