Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that you are not a fan of 4-4-2 but I can't see Carlo changing his view that it is the optimum shape.
None of Carlo's previous teams that have won plenty of trophies have been remotely boring or unattractive.
So give Carlo the tools ( good players ) and he will supply a winning team.
The thing is though hasn't Carlo mostly found success using different shapes? 4-3-1-2 at Milan, 4-3-3 at Chelsea and 4-2-3-1 at both Madrid and Bayern?

Edit: Quick research says it was more 4-3-3 at Bayern and Madrid too. Point being 4-4-2 might be his preference but his greatest successes have come other ways. I hope he still has that flexibility.

Last edited:
Where does this myth that Davies is a good squad player/might kick on come from?

He offers nothing. Has shown no improvement in 100 appearances. Yet people still say things like "just needs consistency to his game" etc... Baffling.

When he eventually leaves he's got Stoke City disappointing mid-table championship campaign written all over him.

If 2 full backs slot 5 each + our centre backs score 5 combined thats 15 goals.

Our RW 10 + 2 CF 15 each thats 55 already without LM or CM.

Why do you think its dull to play like Atletico? Some of the best games ive seen were 90s italian matches with fantastic defenders.

Love it.

Were not happy to finish 8th though. Thats why weve spend a lot of money + swapped managers and DOFs.
I think Atletico Madrid absolutely play dull football. It's impressive as hell that they competed with prime Messi and Ronaldo teams but I know which I liked watching.

That's the problem right there though. We've got the collective patience of a group of 6 year olds.

Moise Kean scored on his last start and until he has a run of games I think any criticism is premature.

Anyway what is your alternative? Because today it seems like it is to just give up.
Who are you calling a six year old? Muuu-um! that nasty man called me a six year old! I'm not, I'm not, I'M NOT!!! (cough, cough, splutter, chokes on dummy and spits it out)

The thing is though hasn't Carlo mostly found success using different shapes? 4-3-1-2 at Milan, 4-3-3 at Chelsea and 4-2-3-1 at both Madrid and Bayern?
No . He played mostly 4-4-2 at Milan and Chelsea.
Admittedly he changed to 4-3-3 at Real ( to get the best out of Ronaldo ).
I'm not a follower of German football ( I don't know a quarter of the players that you and Nymzee talk about ) so I will defer to you on that time , but actually I would be suprised if that's correct.

No . He played mostly 4-4-2 at Milan and Chelsea.
Admittedly he changed to 4-3-3 at Real ( to get the best out of Ronaldo ).
I'm not a follower of German football ( I don't know a quarter of the players that you and Nymzee talk about ) so I will defer to you on that time , but actually I would be suprised if that's correct.
He definitely was using something other than 4-4-2 by the end at Milan. Kaka was playing as a #10.

RB
CB
RM
CM × 2

= 5 minimum

Need for what though? To challenge for europe? To challenge for the champions league or league? When… next season or in three or four years? If its challenge for the league or champions league next season we need 7 or 8.

But two or three this summer is easily enough to have us challenging for the europa league places next season. Our form under Ancelotti has shown that already we are in that category and the younger players we have will improve.

I think after watching the joke that is siggy last night we would have to pay someone to take him
I liked Gary Neville's comments last night. He talks about the team like we do. I also like the fact that he's not a walking football encyclopedia and is not always coming out with stats. In fact he was as shocked as I was about the fact we've not won from being behind at half time since before the old king died.

My opinion; Kenny and Coleman will cover right back just fine. Short Stack Blubber hands needs replacing.

Coleman is still one of my favourite players but his time as first choice is numbered and I don’t rate Kenny. We need someone who can do what Digne does for us which would make the side much more balanced.

I reckon business will be limited to two good quality midfielders and maybe a right winger. Don't think he'll touch the defence or the attack. The problems with our team stare us in the face every time we play midfield is weak and if we can see it then one of the best coaches in the business will also have seen it. You only have to see how much United have improved with the addition of fernandes he's making their midfield tick, we need someone to do something similar with us.

I liked Gary Neville's comments last night. He talks about the team like we do. I also like the fact that he's not a walking football encyclopedia and is not always coming out with stats. In fact he was as shocked as I was about the fact we've not won from being behind at half time since before the old king died.

mentality. I mean we’ve lacked for so long off and on the field

I reckon business will be limited to two good quality midfielders and maybe a right winger. Don't think he'll touch the defence or the attack. The problems with our team stare us in the face every time we play midfield is weak and if we can see it then one of the best coaches in the business will also have seen it. You only have to see how much United have improved with the addition of fernandes he's making their midfield tick, we need someone to do something similar with us.

be atleast 4 mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back