Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of goals is a valid question mark over him, but I think he ticks every other box that we're looking for in a wide midfield player, I'd be absolutely made up with him.
So I decided to go and watch some Norwich highlights. I'm sold. If it can be a cut rate because they go down even better.

Gana came from a terrible campaign.
Well yes that is the classic example but if you go and look at that team it has very few players who made it at a PL level after that campaign. Gana obviously did. Then you've got Westwood and Ayew who are both PL players but not at the level I'd want at Everton. And the other two are Grealish and Traore who were both about 20 and just breaking through at the time.

So applying that to Norwich, Buendia I'm in on. Cantwell is probably a PL player but watching him play his best attribute seems to be an ability to find himself on the end of things for goals. That is fine, but I don't think it can be your main skill as a wide player. Aarons will probably be one of the young players. Maybe Pukki fashions a lower half of the table career. That is about it for me.

Gbamin can’t kick a ball without needing an ambulance. Kicking a ball is a fundamental attribute of a professional footballer, so I really can’t see him making it it at Everton. In fact, I’ll be surprised if he even manages to start a game.

Gbamin can’t kick a ball without needing an ambulance. Kicking a ball is a fundamental attribute of a professional footballer, so I really can’t see him making it it at Everton. In fact, I’ll be surprised if he even manages to start a game.
Not a very nice thing to say about someone who hasn't done anything wrong. A little sympathy.

Thats quite surprising. Do you think he'd be a good signing for us?

Still no pace in central defence apart from Mason.

Seeing as its calculated every 3 years wouldnt we get done for the next 3 seasons OR in 3 seasons time?

I think we need a goalscorer on the right
Who ya got in mind Zat? Good goal scoring widers are tough to come by.

So I decided to go and watch some Norwich highlights. I'm sold. If it can be a cut rate because they go down even better.

Well yes that is the classic example but if you go and look at that team it has very few players who made it at a PL level after that campaign. Gana obviously did. Then you've got Westwood and Ayew who are both PL players but not at the level I'd want at Everton. And the other two are Grealish and Traore who were both about 20 and just breaking through at the time.

So applying that to Norwich, Buendia I'm in on. Cantwell is probably a PL player but watching him play his best attribute seems to be an ability to find himself on the end of things for goals. That is fine, but I don't think it can be your main skill as a wide player. Aarons will probably be one of the young players. Maybe Pukki fashions a lower half of the table career. That is about it for me.
His highlights look good. However, he has been in and out of the side a lot due to the amount he looses the ball. Imagine the groans...

There is an article from Farke a month before lockdown where he says why Buendia isn't starting games.

The lack of goals is a valid question mark over him, but I think he ticks every other box that we're looking for in a wide midfield player, I'd be absolutely made up with him.
Buendia creates a lot of chances. I'd take him over Cantwell. I think they're both good players and you can't put the blame on them for Norwich's problems. They don't have decent strikers and their defence and defensive midfield at best mediocre.

Edit: the big caveat here is that I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Ihattaren PSV if we go for a young player or Sarr from watford.
Ihatteren is one of the highest rated young players in Dutch football. He's a Foden or Sancho for them. I'd love us to get him but think he would most probably have his sights set higher.

If its true that we wont do much business in the transfer window then we are in for yet another nothing season.
Imagine this time next season still moaning about Gylfi Davies Iwobi etc

Bascombe too but this indicates there wont be big changes. Its behind a paywall so cant see full article.

Just waiting for King and Joyce

Does seem to be conflicting stories though regarding the finances. Some say decent spend, som, like this, indicate it wont be big spend. Plus Brands and Ancelotti seem to be giving different messages too.

Hoping Brands is saying not much money, sell to buy etc as he's the one negotiating, so trying to keep prices down

Im thinking how many players will we need to see an improvement, four in my opinion but right down the central chanel.

Centre back, central midfilder, perhaps a creative midfielder and a right flanker to augment squad balance.

I expect a hybrid of mismatch deals, more taking on wages then really big fees.

Silva
Allan
Everton/Under/Etc
James R.

I think we would be satisfied with that.

I think we could be surprised with some of the outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back