Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the worst takes ever, Mental awareness needs to be exposed more than ever in today's world, A football player who many young kids and adults look up too will be relived that it doesn't just happen to the regular joe's who work a 9-5 or College but highly paid Footballers or Celebrities.
He's not bragging which in this context is a disgraceful term to use, He's showing that it's okay and can be overcome if you speak up and people are around to help.
Honestly suggest you stop posting before you keep digging yourself in a hole that doesn't need to go deeper.

Sound. I’ll stop posting because I’ve made my point already. Mental strength is an attribute that is required in many high paying professions. Barristers that are prone to panic attacks don’t make very good barristers.

Which is all great if we were competing with Mencap for the voluntary sector champion of the year award.

But he is actually involved in an extremely hyper-competitive industry. It’s a ruthless industry that has him being paid 120k a week.

You can make out I’m ever so ghastly awful all you want, but I maintain that many a quality manager wouldn’t have their highest paid player making videos about panic attacks in an industry as hyper-competitive as professional football.

It wouldn’t help you if you were a barrister, it wouldn’t help you if you were a surgeon, and I don’t think it helps you as a Premier League footballer. Especially when you are actually a very expensive asset, and your employer really wishes that they could sell you on to somebody else.

How does having panic attacks impact your ability as a professional footballer? You're basically arguing that you want either robots or sociopaths in your team

This is one of the worst takes ever, Mental awareness needs to be exposed more than ever in today's world, A football player who many young kids and adults look up too will be relived that it doesn't just happen to the regular joe's who work a 9-5 or College but highly paid Footballers or Celebrities.
He's not bragging which in this context is a disgraceful term to use, He's showing that it's okay and can be overcome if you speak up and people are around to help.
Honestly suggest you stop posting before you keep digging yourself in a hole that doesn't need to go deeper.

Agree with this. Get it out in the own and help the lads deal with it.

mental health doesn’t care if your a bin man (nothing wrong with being a bin man either) or 200k a week footballer, it can strike anyone at any time.
if this helps him get through it or feel better no issue with that condisdering the old days when old pros talk about former players bottling stuff up or being addicts and losing thousands of pounds on the turn of a card before a game on the coach down.

Being 38 years old I am starting to think I may not make the Everton Bench these days so I will never know what it will be like to be a pro athlete. But he does and the people that he will be talking to (from Everton I assume) will be top notch and if he feels this will help him I am fully behind it as not being a pro at his level in this field I couldn’t judge it correctly either way.

I am certainly no FFP expert, as you know its very complex, but I do understand profit and loss a little and how FFP works to a degree.

A few times you have said we would pay for the players over the term of their 5 year contracts, now yes you are indeed correct, according to FFP that's how its paid, but in reality, most players are bought in instalments, mostly over 2 years, not 5 years, so when you are making payments for those players, you are showing a massive loss in profit and loss, which in term impacts FFP.

To quibble on this, cash flow != profit and loss. You buy a player for €50 mil, you have an asset worth €50m and a liability either in reduced or negative cash or in a creditors line of €50m. When that moves between the creditors and cash is utterly irrelevant to profit and loss. You then amortise evenly over the contract to represent an annualised loss to pnl. So even if we bought no players during the year we will still be booking historical losses. If we sell a player for more then their amortised value, we post an gain of that amount in the current year.

To quibble on this, cash flow != profit and loss. You buy a player for €50 mil, you have an asset worth €50m and a liability either in reduced or negative cash or in a creditors line of €50m. When that moves between the creditors and cash is utterly irrelevant to profit and loss. You then amortise evenly over the contract to represent an annualised loss to pnl. So even if we bought no players during the year we will still be booking historical losses. If we sell a player for more then their amortised value, we post an gain of that amount in the current year.

Yes, thats 1 player, now times it by 5.

Off Topic
you’re a bad bad bad divvy.

You haven’t a clue, keep you poorly educated and stupid Comments on mental health to yourself.

It’s not uneducated at all. Would you agree that mental health difficulties are debilitating?

Do you know what debilitating means?

Are we supposed to pretend that mental health difficulties are not debilitating?

Off Topic
Fine, next time you’re having surgery ask for the surgeon that is prone to having panic attacks.

This is such a baffling thing. If you are prone to panic attacks, you'll know what triggers them in your individual circumstance. For me, if I know i'm coping with a higher than usual amount of stress I'll get clumsy and then a few little things can go wrong in a row and I'll basically shut down.

If I'm in that space and required to do something like surgery, I'd probably just call in sick explaining my reasoning.

It isn't as if you're just going about your business and suddenly turn into a gibbering loon. In my own case, having something demanding or consuming to focus on helps enormously, as I'm too busy to listen to noise in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back