Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst we'll ever finish with that squad is around 14th. There's too much individual quality scattered around to pick up enough points to survive quite comfortably, even if the team is an incoherent mess.

Every year people underestimate just how awful six or seven teams are in the Premier League. You almost have to try to get relegated. Hell, if Deulofeu had stayed fit then Watford would have comfortably survived last season - just one player makes that much of a difference.

Going to be even worse this season with the 3 coming up, leeds are alright, but i feel the other two are a lot worse than the 3 that went down.

How the hell are Benfica signing Everton Soares and chasing Cavani whilst we lumber around with Tosun/DCL up top and have Iwobi & Walcott on the wings?

wut is goin on???

Lol I like the look of Everton but he’s completely unproven in a European league and Cavani is about 40 years old now, nowhere near mobile enough for the prem.

Tosun won’t get a kick next season and will be sold the first offer that comes in for him.

Agree our wings need to improve but we do have weeks ahead to do that.

Benfica also signed Vertonghen btw if you want to get more upset about this weird comparison :)

3 quality players instead of 5-6 average players takes things to a new level, it's quality not quantity that counts this window in my opinion.
Totally agree.
Get 3 quality players in. Too many new average players disrupts the team. If carlo is here for 5 years get quality in every year to build the team up. For me I'd put all the money towards 3 midfield players. Fed up seeing our midfield with no fight, no goal threat and unable to pass a ball. We should be looking to get into the top of the table, top 6 would be a dream this season. Then keep building the quality up year on year.
We have splashed the cash around and it hasn't worked. Any cash we have get quality in and let brands pick up youngsters who might improve the team

4-5 I said.

CM
RB
RW
LW
CB

Our options are diabolical bar up front

Sadly the echo bots will convince the masses 2-3 signings + Gbamin turning into Patrick Viera once his artificial legs are attached will have us fighting for europe.

We'll be lucky to finish 9th-10th without a good few signings this window its really that simple - we were outplayed by kin Southampton & Aston Villa and thumped by a relegated Bournemouth side AT HOME

Totally agree.
Get 3 quality players in. Too many new average players disrupts the team. If carlo is here for 5 years get quality in every year to build the team up. For me I'd put all the money towards 3 midfield players. Fed up seeing our midfield with no fight, no goal threat and unable to pass a ball. We should be looking to get into the top of the table, top 6 would be a dream this season. Then keep building the quality up year on year.
We have splashed the cash around and it hasn't worked. Any cash we have get quality in and let brands pick up youngsters who might improve the team
I would use it all on midfield as well, genuinely think the rest can hold their own but are being let down by no engine room.

Totally agree.
Get 3 quality players in. Too many new average players disrupts the team. If carlo is here for 5 years get quality in every year to build the team up. For me I'd put all the money towards 3 midfield players. Fed up seeing our midfield with no fight, no goal threat and unable to pass a ball. We should be looking to get into the top of the table, top 6 would be a dream. Then keep building the quality up year on year.

...it’s still easier said than done. Barcelona spent a fortune on quality like Coutinho and Griezeman.

Buying the right players is key and that not necessarily mean the most expensive. It’s much easier said than done.

What’s the point in signing Allan though, signing a champs league player to play with a load of tosh.

Sign someone like Sanagre, Allan is superb but my head is kettled thinking how it makes sense.
I can't see his motivation other than money to be honest. He'd be moving from champions league football to midtable mediocrity and given his age that's unlikely to change before he's too old to enjoy it. I don't want another Delph on our books.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

We arguably have 3 quality players with Richy, Digne and Holgate.

If we sign 3 quality players every summer then the season after next then it's not long until we can start competing.

I think this season we should spend our entire budget on midfield quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back