Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose my point is more that it should be possible to identify players who you're confident will perform straight away. Obviously you can't guarantee it, but that's the same regardless of age. I was saying this yesterday; it's not asking the club to perform miracles, signing players that nobody has ever heard of for peanuts, just identifying good talent who they think are up to the task. Richarlison is an example of Brands doing it, a good young player with the potential to get much better, but who also has an impact in the short term. We've done it before with players from Lukaku to Fellaini to Cahill. Other clubs have done it better than we have over the last few years though, and it's an area I think we really need to improve on if we're going to push past that 7th/8th bracket.

For me the issue with Kean was just that right away he didn't look ready to play up front on his own in the PL. His game was quite simply not suited to what we were trying to do. It's nothing to do with coming to a new country etc (although i'm not saying that isn't an issue aswell), that was a footballing issue that we really should have been able to identify before he signed.
Yeah I mean that's fair, I think since Moyes we've looked really uncreative in our transfer purchases and gone for shiny names instead of what actually benefits the team or might provide useful for us now or in the future with no planning involved we'll just shove x y z and hope it works with regards to Kean I think Brands felt it was an opportunity too good to pass up, I know I'm being hypocritical a couple of sentences earlier but Kean had a lot of hype, Golden Boy scoring in the CL with Juve etc so Brands just really wanted him regardless of currently what we or Silva needed and he just want to land a special talent and hope it pays off for us or money wise by selling him for a larger fee than we paid.

Sean Lunt (@Sean_Lunt) Tweeted:
There's likely to be plenty of great transfer rumours this summer but nobody, absolutely nobody, is topping the suggesting that Barcelona will target Michael Keane to replace Gerard Pique.

I’m not sure that even Chico could have come up with this one.

Still, someone tell Koeman a smooth 50m gets it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back