Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Deeney set to leave Watford this summer with relegated side willing to let him go as he tries to remain in the Premier League next season

IT.IS.ON!!!!! FACT.

#SuperTroyLovesZCars
I always enjoyed your posts and your quirky sense of humour
However now you’re on ignore :):):)

I can counter this by saying that if we'd sold all of our junk first then the club's we would have been buying from would have increased their prices knowing that we needed replacements in.

Not necessarily. Nothing stopping you negotiating and agreeing prices before you go public. All about getting your ducks in a row.

You had some strange expectations then. Brands has signed a number of signings like what he would have done at PSV, including Branthwaite and Nkounkou that both look like they could be fantastic in a season or two.

Did you think he could sign the same level of unproven 18-19 year old that could come in and play in the Dutch league, and they could roll into the first 11 of a premier league side? Of course any young wonderkid signing will take at least 1-2 seasons longer to see the field here than at PSV, thats common sense. You cant hire Don Carlo and treat it like a pre-school project. Instead, you sign proven players who can perform now, and a bunch of cheap future stars who you will replace them with in a couple years time. Thats the perfect approach to it and seems to be what they are doing.

You have a smug patronising tone, but hey. Not strange at all. I know very well how the PSV model works & have no doubt it could be successful ALONG SIDE more immediate signings, as I said in my post.

At no point did I suggest we could find 1st team ready kids. Chelsea have been doing it for years. Getting young player in & putting them out on loan. I’d rather we be doing that than chucking millions at our competitors.

The scouting network often won't be feeding young prospects straight into the first team squad or even the U23s such as Braithwaite and Nkounko. Were all these young talents brought straight into the PSV first team or were they brought into the U18 or junior set-up?

It's always going to be tricky get undiscovered young talent out of South America and Africa and into English clubs due to fairly strict work permit rules
. It could be argued that Africa would be even more difficult due to FIFA rankings around which so many permits depend. Difficulties which may or may not be exacerbated in the forthcoming months due to Brexit.

I don't know the workings of permits in Holland but it may be easier. It fluctuates throughout Europe and I believe some countries may have less strict rules or agreements in place regarding specific countries.

PSV model (probably very similar to Ajax) is recruitment of kids for their youth teams. They play the same formations & philosophy right through all levels. They tend to sell their top talent at peak value / around 23yo & keep recruiting the youth. They also take older experienced players for balance & for their experience.

Probably a good point you make regarding the work permits. I think Holland retain ties with their former colonies, so maybe that’s how they do it.

There will be no more signings

We are skint

In terrible debt with lots of loans

About to do a Leeds

Carlo is ready to walk

Well according to RAWK anyway and they sure are experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back