Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only had to get the basics right on Saturday and couldn't do that. Have a look how he turns away from the shot for the 1st goal and cowered away for the 2nd.top centre half's put their bodies on the line. Its basics.
I've already said he had a poor game. People on here expect our defenders to be perfect. They aren't. Get over it. Can we get better? Yes we can and hopefully we will if he doesn't develop but FGS stop crying every time they make a mistake. He played really well last week and has had more good games than bad for us.

I think business will pick up next week as we head into the end of the window. City made life difficult for themselves trying to get Koulibaly. Napoli seem to be a nightmare to deal with when it comes to him.

If we can get a couple of quality signings over the line now is the time to do it. The team is riding high and the Ancelotti factor is a big plus for any prospective players. I’m maintaining a healthy scepticism that it will happen but if we get another top quality wide player, a good RB to compete with Coleman and a good CB cover then we can look forward to the season with even more optimism.

It’s inevitable James will pick up the odd injury so having more quality options in the final third really strengthens us.

Problem is too, it's hard to attract quality unless you can guarantee them a starting place....people are talking about Zaha, and sure he would add quality to us, but who does he replace from Saturdays team?....
If were gonna sign a wide player, it likely needs to be a young player with lots of potential who will be happy to play 20 mins most weeks and maybe just start 8-10 league games this season...

Right back and centre back the 2 areas right now were we can bring in quality that can most improve our team and squad...

That would be 5 first team signings in 1 window, which I think is sufficient for now....rebuilds take a few transfer windows

How would people feel about Kean being used as the RW like he was at the weekend? I didn’t think he did terribly but it was against a well beaten team down to 10 men.

Can definitely see Carlo wanting flexibility up top, Dom as the centre forward with James, Richy, Kean and Gordon all being able to place either side behind him and be interchangeable through a game. Obviously we’d all prefer a new signing there but I think it’d do, especially if something like a CB is more of a priority.

Holgate being out has caused a problem. But I think you'll find against the top teams we'll probably defend fairly deep anyway so it isn't an issue. Against the rest, not everybody has a speedster up top like the Baggies and for those that do we'll probably bet on ourselves to score more than them. Palace is one such game and I reckon Coleman will be told to restrict his forward runs and Allan will be on hand to double up

Reckon Holgate will be back in November anyway.

We have the RS in a couple of weeks time mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back