Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time this season for me, we always think we can get X amount of points out of X amount of games and that never happens. Think last season the opening 10 games and the christmas period in 18/19.

True.

And we also have to believe in ourselves. We have Carlo we have James. This could be the season we are all waiting for. Hopefully we sign 2 more players before 5 Oct and we are ready.

Screenshot_20200922-145658.webp

English player does something good = Daily Mail fuel link with Man Utd move.

It's a story as old as time.
From what I saw of the reports it stated pretty clearly that Utd ended their interest after being quoted £80 million. So a non story (if true) being hyped up as usual.

If I’m DCL do I want to work with Ancelotti and James feeding me or go and work with OGS? No brainer to me. I’m not disputing Utd is a great club but they aren’t really on an upward trajectory.

if a lad from crocky was prepared to jump ship the moment United's interest firmed up i think we can be pretty sure DCL wont put up much of a fight. Those dreadful cheapskates are putting a marker down, and seeing if he puts anything out in the press that would enable them to pressure us with low ball bids. I don't think he will do that. THIS SEASON.
I Love the way they are described as 'stunned', like they were thinking forty should do it, ie 5 more than we paid for Iwobi.

if a lad from crocky was prepared to jump ship the moment United's interest firmed up i think we can be pretty sure DCL wont put up much of a fight. Those dreadful cheapskates are putting a marker down, and seeing if he puts anything out in the press that would enable them to pressure us with low ball bids. I don't think he will do that. THIS SEASON.
I Love the way they are described as 'stunned', like they were thinking forty should do it, ie 5 more than we paid for Iwobi.
Utd are not the team they were. If DCL went it would be for increased wages imo. Things look like they are about to pick up under Carlo so I just don’t see why DCL would want to rock the boat presently. Non story imo.

£80m is a fantastic deal. Would solve our FFP worries for generations and be a good way of balancing the books.

If he slots 20 this season in the league (already on 4) then he'll be an England regular. That can bring huge commercial opportunities and alot of recognition for the club globally.

If he hits 20 and Richarlison 15-20 then were looking at 2 players at £100mil each in value.

Hes 37.

Probably just trying to throw a spanner in our works with the DCL thing - losing him now would likely de-rail our good start to the season. Flattering, as Martinez would put it. We shouldn't let him or Richarlison go at this point.

The annoying thing is that we managed to offload our dross to Good teams last year.

When you're thinking of shalke, sporting, sheff utd, palace etc.

Obviously most of the players won't get a move that good again this season, but you'd expect some teams to take a punt on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back