Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to take £1m payoff when he can sit on his arse and earn £4m instead. He'll end up loaned back to another Spanish side where we end up still paying him £70k a week and he'll be forgotten about until his contract expires next summer.

Think if that was possible, it'd have been done by now, based on the ripping up contract rumours, i think we've exercised all options of sending him on loan and see it as better to pay him off and then get the paying team to get him on perm. I'm sure him and his agent would rather get him a permanent deal for 3 years instead of another loan and risking unemployment in a year. He may lose out on a bit of money, but a lot better security and possibly make more in the long run. Not everything is about money with every player.

But, at 26 , when he should be nearing the very peak of his career he finds himself loaned out to Villa.

When a player goes to a top four club he almost automatically is guaranteed international caps and probably silverware as well.
If City signed Niasse he would have a cabinet full of medals by now.
They are all earning a fortune anyway but I wonder when former players meet each other if a medal won as part of the squad is as good as a medal won on the pitch.

Depends on the person, I'm sure brewster is much more proud of his cl medal than someone like phill neville who probably shrugs at a fair few of his medals feeling he never really contributed.

If we are bidding £20m for Godfrey, I wonder does that mean that Kean will be sold and not loaned, and rather than getting a CB on loan, we get a striker on loan instead.

I don't expect us to spend to that degree unless we are getting funds in.
Ive been thinking something along these lines as well, surly we must sell somone, the squad is too big and so far this window the money has only been gong out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back