Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

No idea if this is a legit report like lol

I wouldn't give much credence to this. Like Norwich with Godfrey, why is it in our interest to loan out Kean, and not get sufficient funds to replace him, other than possibly another loan striker for the rough equivalent of the loan fee received?

It would turn us into a charity, and not a football business.

You were right to point out what a good career Ross has had. 30 odd games and 6 goals for England (which is more goals than Dele Alli has got for context) and he's picked up medals, so he may well say to people like me- look at what I've won. I just think he could have won more and scored more, and done more.
But, at 26 , when he should be nearing the very peak of his career he finds himself loaned out to Villa.

When a player goes to a top four club he almost automatically is guaranteed international caps and probably silverware as well.
If City signed Niasse he would have a cabinet full of medals by now.
They are all earning a fortune anyway but I wonder when former players meet each other if a medal won as part of the squad is as good as a medal won on the pitch.

I wouldn't give much credence to this. Like Norwich with Godfrey, why is it in our interest to loan out Kean, and not get sufficient funds to replace him, other than possibly another loan striker for the rough equivalent of the loan fee received?

It would turn us into a charity, and not a football business.

we could do the same with another striker on less wages, Kean out Jovic in, jobs a goodun!

Kean will not be loaned out, he will be bought or stay, to suggest anything else is tripe.
If Kean was loaned to Juve with an obligation to buy under reasonable conditions that would allow Everton to sign a striker( the name being thrown around is Milik) .
Milik has less than a year on his contract and can sign a contract with a new club in three months time, so I would guess the fee would be low.

The loan fee for Keane would cover the first instalment of the Milik transfer fee.

I am not at all suggesting it will happen or we want to lose Kean, but financially it may leave us with a profit and a very experienced striker to replace Kean. The sale of Kean... or any player would be hugely beneficial from a FFP point of view.

If Kean was loaned to Juve with an obligation to buy under reasonable conditions that would allow Everton to sign a striker( the name being thrown around is Milik) .
Milik has less than a year on his contract and can sign a contract with a new club in three months time, so I would guess the fee would be low.

The loan fee for Keane would cover the first instalment of the Milik transfer fee.

I am not at all suggesting it will happen or we want to lose Kean, but financially it may leave us with a profit and a very experienced striker to replace Kean. The sale of Kean... or any player would be hugely beneficial from a FFP point of view.
Not sure why a really good striker would come here when DCL is in such rich form (5 in 3). Even if his form dips its unlikely Carlo would drop him but rather stick with him to play through the low spot. So the new guy comes in to spell DCL when he tires at the end of a game (not seen that much btw) - doesn't sound like a very attractive job opportunity! ideally DCL's understudy should be someone up and coming and trying to prove himself - Moise Kean comes to mind.

If we are bidding £20m for Godfrey, I wonder does that mean that Kean will be sold and not loaned, and rather than getting a CB on loan, we get a striker on loan instead.

I don't expect us to spend to that degree unless we are getting funds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back