Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship clubs pay £10 million for players these days mate. Keep up. It's not 2006 anymore.
Championship clubs don't pay 100k a week. He isn't on their radars and taking a pay cut to play second division footy won't be on Bernard's. Any realistic suggestions?

For some reason I thought Italy and thought of Gervinho as a somewhat similar example. But he was better for Arsenal and younger when Roma signed him and it still didn't hit 10m. I'm just not sure anything other than a nominal fee is really out there. The situation resembles those of Niasse, Walcott and Sandro unfortunately except Bernard is a tad more useful as a player.

I'd be happy to give him a million golden handshake. We save at least £3m, he can then go and negotiate a new long term contract elsewhere and, most importantly, he is no longer an Everton player.

I bear this lad no grudge. It just hasn't worked out for him here and it wasn't his fault we gave him such a lucrative deal.

He's not going to take £1m payoff when he can sit on his arse and earn £4m instead. He'll end up loaned back to another Spanish side where we end up still paying him £70k a week and he'll be forgotten about until his contract expires next summer.

Championship clubs don't pay 100k a week. He isn't on their radars and taking a pay cut to play second division footy won't be on Bernard's. Any realistic suggestions?

For some reason I thought Italy and thought of Gervinho as a somewhat similar example. But he was better for Arsenal and younger when Roma signed him and it still didn't hit 10m. I'm just not sure anything other than a nominal fee is really out there. The situation resembles those of Niasse, Walcott and Sandro unfortunately except Bernard is a tad more useful as a player.

But I didn't say they'd pay £10 million for him, and pay him £100k a week, did I? The point I was making, was that his market value gives you room to negotiate a deal for him. For example, you could give him half the transfer fee, as a pay-off.

But I didn't say they'd pay £10 million for him, and pay him £100k a week, did I? The point I was making, was that his market value gives you room to negotiate a deal for him. For example, you could give him half the transfer fee, as a pay-off.

So we’d effectively sell him for £5 million.

Bernard won't be taking a pay cut while he still has years on his deal here. It is somewhat of a non-starter. It's why Bolasie is seeing out his entire deal and why Martina did too, who is another for the list of free transfers that still stunk because we overpaid a not good enough player.

Bernard won't be taking a pay cut while he still has years on his deal here. It is somewhat of a non-starter. It's why Bolasie is seeing out his entire deal and why Martina did too, who is another for the list of free transfers that still stunk because we overpaid a not good enough player.

I've just explained to you how he could take a lower wage somewhere, and receive a pay off from us.

Anyway, not here to ram my opinion down anyones throat so I'll just leave it at that.

He's not going to take £1m payoff when he can sit on his arse and earn £4m instead. He'll end up loaned back to another Spanish side where we end up still paying him £70k a week and he'll be forgotten about until his contract expires next summer.
There are benefits to a player of taking a pay off from us, leaving him as a free agent, rather than go out on loan again. He will be free to negotiate a long term contract and maybe even a signing on fee. If he gets injured next season whilst n loan, then basically he is buggered when his contract ends. We also need to see the benefit of paying his contract off early rather than loaning him too, otherwise we wouldn't do it. It's down to the player at the end of the day.

Nobody is fully aware of the terms of Sandro's previous loans, in terms of how much of his salary we where covering, whether there was any loan fees etc. And I'm sure we'll never learn the truth should both parties agree to end the contract now.

Only difference being that Bernard is still clearly capable of playing at the required level and contributing as a squad player. He was never good enough to be the focal point, but with quality around him he'll be invaluable this season

I suppose for their agents it is just a sum involving the pay-off + whatever they expect they reckon they can earn elsewhere for that next year if they are a free agent. If that isn't greater from what they get from Everton by staying then no point taking the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back